Financial Aid Can Be Overwhelming

Let Us Help

We know financial aid can be confusing and we’re here to help. In addition to the information on this page, each Rasmussen College campus has knowledgeable financial aid advisors who will work with you to clarify the financial aid process, help with paperwork, and make sure your son or daughter receives the maximum assistance available to them. Please call 888-5-RASMUSSEN with any questions.

How does my son or daughter apply for financial aid?

Students are reviewed for financial aid after filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. To fill out the FAFSA, you can visit

When should we apply for financial aid and which FAFSA should we fill out?

You can apply for financial aid after January 1, 2013. You will fill out the 2013-2014 FAFSA form.

Does my son or daughter need to be admitted to a college before we apply for financial aid?

No, they don’t need to be enrolled at a college before you apply for financial aid. You can apply for financial aid and indicate which colleges you want to receive the FAFSA results for by entering the appropriate school code. Please contact a Rasmussen College program manager for the campus your student plans to attend.

Do we need to apply for financial aid every year?

Yes. After the first year, you will receive a “Renewal Application” which contains preprinted information from the previous year’s FAFSA. Keep in mind that if your family’s financial circumstances change, your son or daughter may receive more or less aid.

What is the difference between a grant and a loan?

A grant is an amount of money you receive that you do not pay back. Grants are awarded based on financial need. A loan is money that needs to be paid back. There are many types of student loans that are offered through the government and private lenders.