The Rasmussen College Career Services team is scheduled to hold its first-ever Google+ hangout on Career Development Feb. 17 at 6 p.m. CST.
Career experts will make recommendations on preparing to attend, attending and following-up after any career events, such as a job interview or the Rasmussen College Career Fairs, which take place at the end of February. Dates and times of the career fairs vary by location.
The experts presenting during the hangout are:
- Elizabeth Lintelman, Rasmussen College manager of career services
- Kelsey Granowski, Rasmussen College career services advisor
- Heather Kienast, Rasmussen College career services advisor
- Matt Allen, Rasmussen College career services advisor
- Jennifer Cute, Rasmussen College-Fort Myers career services advisor
The Career Development hangout will cover the importance of researching companies before you speak to them, dressing professionally and the keys to networking and developing your one-minute “elevator speech.”
In addition, the team of experts will discuss:
- What materials to bring
- How to prepare your resume
- How to follow-up after the event
- How to present your personal brand
By the end of the event, you should be prepared to present yourself to CEOs, hiring managers and recruiters across America.
Information about the Career Development Google+ Hangout:
On the day of the event you will be able to view the hangout live on air via the Rasmussen College Google+ page (http://rasmussen.co/1chs0oK) or YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Rasmussencollege).
Be sure to add this event to your calendar so that you don’t miss out on all of the valuable tips. Additionally, live viewers will be able to ask questions during the hangout.
The entire video will be published on the Rasmussen College YouTube channel for those that couldn’t make it to the live event.
Are you planning to attend? What are you hoping to learn from this event? Tell us in the comments below.