On Thursday, February 16 and Friday, February 17, 2012 Rasmussen College hosted another successful Winter Career and Networking Expo at its 22 campus locations. With almost 500 employers in attendance, current students, alumni and the community at-large were welcomed to partake in networking activities, mock interviews, resume writing workshops and one-on-one conversations with local employers looking for qualified candidates. Rasmussen College would like to thank all of Career Expo participants for helping to make this event such a success for our students and communities.
Thinking about attending another Career Expo? Here are some helpful tips and tricks to help you prepare for your next networking event:
1. Do your homework. Find out what business are going to be at the Career Expo by emailing or calling the event organizer. Take time to research the companies you are most interested in meeting.
2. Look the part and dress for success. Approach each Career Expo just like an interview and arrive well-groomed and in professional business attire. Here are some additional tips for What to Wear to an Interview.
3. Have your resume ready to go. Preparing your resume is vital for your job search. Write a concise and effective resume and print out enough copies to give out to employers you meet.
4. Prepare your elevator pitch. This is a 30-second summary about yourself that you can give to each table you visit, which should include your education, experience, and the skills that will benefit the company you are speaking with.
5. Make the most of your time. Network with as many employers as possible, as well as other job seekers. Have a plan on who you are going to try and meet with prior to arriving; your plan will serve as your roadmap through the event.
Save the Date – Summer Career and Networking Expo
Save the date for the next Career and Networking Expo coming in August 2012. More details to come so stay tuned.