The information technology (IT) and digital design industries are brimming with opportunity, but it's not always clear which jobs and skills are in demand. Join Rasmussen College on Friday, September 9, from 1-4 p.m., at the Rockford, IL campus for a no-cost Futuraza TechFest technology fair. The event will be filled with interactive opportunities for you to get plugged in to what's new in the fields of IT and multimedia design.
Futuraza TechFest will feature information on the latest technology careers, as well as fun technology activities, food and prizes. Here are ten reasons you'll want to attend Futuraza TechFest:
- Learn to build your own mobile app
- Participate in a gaming tournament hosted by GameStop featuring BlackOps and NBA 2K10
- Study up on your gaming knowledge with a history of gaming display
- See custom computers built to perform at the Pimp My Drive Show
- Learn to restore your old photographs in a digital design photo retouching workshop
- Meet and network with professionals with companies from the Rock River Valley
- Get inspired by experiencing the print and digital art show
- Learn to restore your computer during the Wipe Out computer restoration workshop
- Speak with a career expert about jobs in the technology industry
- Awesome food and prizes
If you or someone you know is interested in a career or degree in technology or digital design, you won't want to miss Futuraza TechFest. For more information about Futuraza TechFest, contact the Rasmussen College Rockford Campus at 815.316.4800.