Searching the web is a great way to find positions, as well as discover positions or job titles that you never considered before. Since there is so many places to search for jobs, I wanted to offer some tips and share some of my favorite job search sites.
Here are a few of my tips for job searching on the web:
- In the filter box, attempt many different keyword options. If you choose to be specific at first with your key words, remember to also do a generic search with no keywords. You might find positions you are interested in that you might not have considered before.
- Utilize job alerts when they are available. If you are really interested in a specific company you will get notifications when they post new positions.
- Network and be connected. Even with the best online job boards there are still many positions that are never posted. Research organizations and get involved/volunteer with organizations where you can meet and network with people. The “hidden job market” is real and networking works.
- Always make sure that you research the companies you are contacting or that may be contacting you. Sometimes if the position or company sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
If you are looking for great job search sites for a range of job searches, check out:
These sites are great for your job search and many companies use them. You are also able to post your resume so that recruiters are able to search for you.
In addition, make sure to create a profile on LinkedIn.com. This site not only allows you to make connections, it allows you to network with people and connect with businesses, but also to search for jobs and learn more about the people connected to that position. Basically, it takes the guesswork out of networking, and offers a direct link from your connections to the positions you are interested in.
Are you in need of some job search sites related to your field? If so, look no further. The following information highlights key websites based on your field.
Job Search Sites for Business/Accounting:
Job Search Sites for Early Childhood Education
Job Search Sites for Health Sciences
Job Search Sites for Justice Studies
Job Search Sites for Technology and Design
And don’t forget about JobConnect, Rasmussen’s own online employment database. JobConnect is a free and easy-to-use resource where you will find postings for locations both close to Rasmussen College campuses and nationwide.
If you have not already registered, the process is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Go to https://Rasmussen-csm.symplicity.com
- Click on "Student/Alumni"
- Click on "Register" (It’s free.)
- Fill out your profile and information
- Your registration will be reviewed within 24–48 business hours of submission
- Once your registration is accepted, be sure to upload a copy of your resume
- When your registration is complete you can login to the database to search jobs posted at Rasmussen College and across the country