Top Tech Gifts For The 2011 Holidays Trend Toward Smartphone Apps And Accessories
Smartphone applications and accessories anticipated to be a big hit in stores nationwide according to resident Rasmussen College Technology and Design Expert
MINNEAPOLIS, MN (Nov. 23, 2011) – Smartphone application gifting and coordinating accessories are on the rise to be a big trend in gifting this holiday season. According to Rasmussen College School of Technology and Design multimedia technologies instructor at the Bloomington, MN campus, Anand Hurkadli, as mobile-device companions drive our nation’s commerce and social activity, more and more individuals will be gifted tidings of mobile technology. As Smartphones’ features and functionality evolve, so do many of its add-ons.
The following is a brief list of Smartphone devices and gadgets that will appeal to a broad range of consumers:
- smartTouch® Isotoners: Ever find yourself having to take off your gloves in the wintry months to use your mobile device? The engineers at Isotoner® create a Smartphone-friendly glove that is touch screen compatible, so you can keep your hands warm while using your phone.
- Cobra® Tag: A perfect gift for the 18 and older crowd, the Cobra Tag sensor is attached to your keys or bag to protect them from getting lost. Avoid that unpleasant fear of losing your keys and purchase the Cobra for you and your loved ones.
- Microvision ShowWX™: Whether you are a mother looking to keep your child busy over the cold and snowy winter months, or are a traveling sales executive that would love to supplement sales presentations with video, this Apple™-compatible projector add-on is on the cutting edge of technology.
- Speck SPK-A0332 CandyShell Card Phone Case: This iPhone4-compatible money case is a perfect gift for any man that places both his phone and his wallet in the same back pocket. Money, credit cards, and important IDs can slip into this slick phone case.
- Motorola Droid Razr: Almost paper thin and made with sturdy KEVLAR®, this Smartphone is the newest sleek device in the mobile market.
- Eye-Fi® Mobile X2: A gift perfect for jetsetters, this wireless memory card instantly uploads pictures, video, and other files from your camera.
- Gelaskins: Customization continues to be a theme in the 2011 holiday season. Gelatskins offers designer and design-it-yourself skins for laptops and Smartphones.
- Phillips Wake-up Light: The Wake-up light allows you to rise-and-shine in the morning the natural way. The Light is wired to provide both dusk and sunrise intensity, and can even synch music from your iPod or iPhone.
Mobile phones have exponentially grown in sales as they drive most individual’s productivity, entertainment, methods of communication, and commerce activities. Hurkadli noted, “A recent study from MIT uncovered that 66 percent of the U.S. population owns a cell phone, and mobile developers are capitalizing on this growth and offering diversified cell phone products, applications, and more.”
Rasmussen College School of Technology and Design offers a range of IT and design degrees, including the Software Application Design degree, which is available at both the diploma and Associate’s level. This program is offered at the College’s campus locations throughout Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Florida. As technology continues to advance and improve business systems and processes worldwide, professionals in software development will continue to experience growth.
For more information on Rasmussen College, visit www.Rasmussen.edu.
ABOUT RASMUSSEN COLLEGE:
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college and Public Benefit Corporation that is dedicated to changing lives through high-demand educational programs and public service. Rasmussen College offers Certificate and Diploma programs through Associate\'s and Bachelor\'s degrees online and across its 24 Midwest and Florida campuses in a supportive, student-centered and career-focused environment. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to being a primary contributor to the growth and development of the communities it serves. As a Benefit Corporation, Rasmussen College is committed to helping change lives through education and making a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit www.Rasmussen.edu.
This piece of ad content was created by Rasmussen College to support its educational programs. Rasmussen College may not prepare students for all positions featured within this content. Please visit www.rasmussen.edu/degrees for a list of programs offered. External links provided on rasmussen.edu are for reference only. Rasmussen College does not guarantee, approve, control, or specifically endorse the information or products available on websites linked to, and is not endorsed by website owners, authors and/or organizations referenced. Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college and Public Benefit Corporation.