25 Necessities Entrepreneurs Can Get for Free
As an entrepreneur or aspiring student pursuing a entrepreneurship degree program, you can become stressed out by the idea of getting bogged down by the start up costs for your current (or future) business. So, how can you cut costs on must-have items? Many “freebies”, free services and information can be found if you know where to look...
1. Business Cardsare an essential item for your business and career; you never know when you will make the next great contact! Get started with a batch of 10 from MOO
2. EmailAlong with free accounts from Yahoo and Hotmail, try Google Apps for Business
3.Business PlansExamples, advice, and tools to help write a business plan from the SBA
4. Business Formsfind the business form you need at Entrepreneur-Form Net
5. Legal Formsfree from the Small Business Administration
6. Government Loan Informationhttp://www.govloans.gov/ (Select “Business” link) and Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
7. Incentives and GiveawaysA variety of freebies can be found at Hey! It’s Free!
8. Research SitesLocate basic company/industry information
9. GasOk, so it is almost never given away for free, but you can find cheaper rates at the pump for your business travel.
Check out Gas Buddy http://www.gasbuddy.com/
and Gas Price Watch http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/default_V3.asp
10. Marketing Information & TutorialsKnowThis
11. Tax Forms & InformationInternal Revenue Service
12. Business Software from GoogleCreate documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms to be used and accessible online anywhere through Google Docs
13. Reference/Research MaterialsAvailable free at the library (public or university) and online at Reference for Business. Includes links to business encyclopedias, biographies, companies histories, and business plans
14. Microsoft Office TemplatesOnline templates for documents including invoices, business cards, time sheets, budgets, and contracts
15. Web SpaceFree hosting for a website and some of the sites listed help you publish a website
16. Business SoftwareFree downloads from ZDNet for Windows, Mac, and Mobile operating systems
17. Online Training & Courseshttp://www.sba.gov/services/training/onlinecourses
18. License & Permit Informationhttp://www.business.gov/register/licenses-and-permits/
19. Go Green! Energy Saving Tipshttp://www.business.gov/expand/green-business/energy-efficiency/
20. Patent, Trademark & Copyright InformationProtect your intellectual property.
US Patent & Trademark Office http://www.uspto.gov/
and US Copyright Office http://copyright.gov
21. FoodFree food, samples, and coupons at
22. E-commerce & Internet InformationLearn the ins and outs of having your business online
http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/manage/technology/SERV_ECOMRESOURCES.html (use the PDF links to access files)