The Criminal Justice Bachelor’s degree and Associate’s degree in the School of Justice Studies at Rasmussen College prepare students for rewarding and successful careers in law enforcement, corrections, homeland security, and investigations.
Our courses, in both the Criminal Justice Bachelor’s degree and Associate’s degree, are taught by field-experienced law enforcement professionals who provide invaluable skill development and career insight. Curriculum in the criminal justice degrees combines relevant and practical academics with hands-on applied learning in the field and brings real-world skill development to the classroom through:
- Applied Learning
- RasCourt: Participate in simulated courtroom proceedings to familiarize yourself with trial elements, as well as courtroom procedure and requirements
- Real-world Experience: Learn tactical skills and day-to-day knowledge of a law enforcement professional through ride-along opportunities; job shadowing; visits to coroner/medical examiner facilities, prisons, courtrooms, and federal agencies; and volunteering at community events with local police departments and officers
- Inside Out Classroom: Certain campus locations offer classes inside a prison with offenders allowing you to learn directly from the offenders about their perspective of society, reasons behind their choices, views regarding consequences, and their outlook on future behavior
- SCALE (Scott County Association for Leadership and Efficiency) courses: Simulation-based training facilities offer real-world, hands-on training for law enforcement, firefighters, emergency management, and public works professionals, including shooting ranges, high-tech video simulation scenarios and shooting drills, high-speed driving simulator, a tactical burn tower, and breaching rooms to further develop your field skills and muscle memory*
- POST Certified: As a Minnesota student in our Law Enforcement specialization or Certificate, you are automatically enrolled in the SKILLS program, which allows you to further enhance your field skills
- Field-experienced Faculty: Learn from faculty who have first-hand experience as law enforcement professionals and can provide the field-specific insight you need to help you succeed
- Flexible Course Schedule: Earn your degree on a course schedule that works for your life through classes on campus, online, or a combination of both
Discover more about our online criminal justice degrees by using the links below.
*SCALE courses are only available to Minnesota students enrolled in our Law Enforcement Associate’s degree or Skills Certificate.