It can sometimes be confusing and time consuming when deciding which college to attend and which program you would like to major in. Rasmussen College understands this, which is why we highlighted 10 interesting facts about Rasmussen College’s Nursing program you may not know that will hopefully help in your decision-making process.
1) Rasmussen College has board approved nursing programs in three states at 12 campuses, as well as a completely online Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program. Minnesota, Wisconsin and Florida all have degrees approved by the corresponding state’s Board of Nursing. The 12 campuses you can earn a nursing degree at include: Brooklyn Park/Maple Grove, , Eagan, Fort Myers, Green Bay, Land O’Lakes/East Pasco, Mankato, Moorhead, New Port Richey/West Pasco, Ocala, St. Cloud, Tampa/Brandon, and Wausau.
2) Rasmussen College’s Nursing program does not require any pre-nursing classes before you apply or are accepted.
3) Multiple campuses offer prospective students no waiting list to begin their nursing program. Rasmussen College offers programs in practical nursing, professional nursing, professional nursing mobility and RN to BSN.
4) Our nursing faculty have secured their Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree. Approximately 25 percent are also doctorally prepared. All of our nursing Deans are doctorally prepared. In addition, our entire nursing faculty all has real nursing experience.
5) When you start your nursing program, you are able to take nursing courses right away without having to first complete prerequisite courses.
6) Our RN to BSN curriculum is based on Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN)-competencies. This includes patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement and safety and informatics.
7) There are four nursing program enrollment opportunities throughout the year. Enrollment takes place in January, April, July and October.
8) Extensive transfer policies make it easier for students to transfer credits to our college. We take credits from most public and private colleges and universities.
9) Our Practical Nursing Diploma in Florida is designed to be completed in 12 months.
10) We have an easy-to-understand tuition structure with course fees that include everything you need to complete your nursing program courses. Course fees include all textbooks, eBooks, CDs, three sets of scrubs, one Rasmussen College polo shirt, student clinical insurance, all lab fees, stethoscope, bandage scissors, light pen, your NCLEX application fee and student clinical malpractice insurance.
Hopefully, you feel much better in making your decision about Rasmussen College’s Nursing program. To learn more about nursing or our school, visit our School of Nursing blog webpage.