With more than 70 million users to date, Pinterest is the hottest social network on the Internet. It grew from 48 million users to 70 million between February and July this year. And in 2012, it grew more than 150 percent in January alone.
Fast-forward to the present and it’s clear that Pinterest is looking to continue its meteoric rise with the company’s newest announcement about promoted pins. The announcement is a clear next step in a larger plan to show that Pinterest can be a major player in personal and corporate branding.
In fact, Pinterest boasts more than 500,000 business accounts in addition to the droves of personal users. It goes without saying that using Pinterest to build one’s personal brand could be a goldmine for future career success.
Rasmussen College is dedicating its October alumni webinar to helping students and professionals do just that during its webinar Pinterest: Building a Personal Brand and Gaining the Edge, which will take place on Oct. 3 from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
The webinar will feature Kendall Bird, inbound marketing specialist at Collegis Education. Bird began her marketing career in 2010, after graduating with a public relations degree. Prior to joining Collegis, she worked in communications and marketing for brands including Mall of America and Life Time Fitness.
Bird will be joined on the panel by Rasmussen College career experts:
- Tamryn Hennessy, national director of career services
- Kelsey Granowski, career services advisor
- Elizabeth Lintelman, career services manager
The panel of experts will discuss a variety of topics on how to build a personal brand including:
- How to build a Pinterest account – If you’re completely new to the Pinterest concept you’ll want to join in. The panel will be walking through registering and building a Pinterest account.
- How to build your personal brand on Pinterest – After you have created your account, there are simple things anyone can do to illustrate who they are through their Pinterest profile. The panel will demonstrate how to showcase your social identity to potential employers.
- How Rasmussen College uses Pinterest – You may be wondering how your alma mater is using the site. The panel will dive into a few of the tactics and strategies used to promote the Rasmussen College brand.
- How to gain visibility through Pinterest to showcase your personal brand – So, how do you make a splash on Pinterest? The panel will teach you some tricks, tips and tactics that will make sure you’re on top of the resume pile.
Join in on the webinar
To register for Pinterest: Building a Personal Brand and Gaining the Edge, follow the link and RSVP by filling out the registration sheet. We look forward to sharing our insights on Oct. 3!