BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (February 15, 2012) – Rasmussen College today announced that all eight of its Minnesota campus locations will take part in the College’s annual nationwide Winter Career and Networking Expo on Thursday, February 16. As part of the series of simultaneous workshops, webinars and networking events taking place at all 22 Rasmussen locations around the country, each location will host its own business networking events, which are offered at no cost to all students, alumni, community members and employers.
The Minnesota campus events include business networking opportunities with potential local employers who will be on hand to meet with attendees and discuss job search tips and potential career opportunities. The time and location of each event, along with just a few of the participating local companies are as follows:
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Blaine Campus, featuring Accurate Home Care, Farmers Insurance and Wells Fargo Call Center;
- 2-4 p.m. at the Bloomington Campus, featuring Axa Equitable, Aerotek and Mediacom Communications;
- 3-5 p.m. at the Brooklyn Park Campus, featuring Comcast, Midwest Podiatry Centers and Wells Fargo;
- 10 a.m. to 12 noon at the Eagan Campus, featuring Accurate Home Care, H&R Block and Minnesota Department of Corrections;
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Lake Elmo/Woodbury Campus, featuring Aerotek Healthcare Staffing, AllianceOne and The Hartford;
- 3-5 p.m. at the Mankato Campus, featuring Crystal Valley Cooperative, Downs Food Group and the Harry Meyering Center Inc.;
- 4:30-6 p.m. at the Crystal Ballroom at the Ramada Plaza Suites in Fargo—a joint event with the Rasmussen Moorhead and Fargo campuses—featuring Aflac, Northwestern Mutual and US Bank; and
- 2 to 4 p.m. at the St. Cloud Campus, featuring Arise Home Healthcare, ING Direct and Netgain Technologies.
In keeping with the national 2012 Winter Career Expo theme of “Networking,” events at each campus will highlight the importance of effective networking in both finding and landing a position in today’s ultra-competitive job market. According to some estimates, between 75 and 80 percent of all jobs are found through networking and personal relationships, which is why building those connections is so important.
Workshops, webinars and other events as part of the expo will provide tips and suggestions for how to build and maintain a professional network that can lead to new career opportunities. In addition, local business partners at each Rasmussen campus will participate in panel discussions and other one-on-one events that give students a chance to start building that all-important network by meeting and talking with professionals in their area.
To find out more about specific Career Expo events going on at a Minnesota Rasmussen campus near you, visit www.Rasmussen.edu/CareerExpo .
For additional information about Rasmussen College, visit www.Rasmussen.edu.
ABOUT RASMUSSEN COLLEGE:
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college and Public Benefit Corporation that is dedicated to changing lives through high-demand educational programs and public service. Rasmussen College offers Certificate and Diploma programs through Associate's and Bachelor's degrees online and across its 24 Midwest and Florida campuses in a supportive, student-centered and career-focused environment. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to being a primary contributor to the growth and development of the communities it serves. As a Benefit Corporation, Rasmussen College is committed to helping change lives through education and making a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit www.Rasmussen.edu.
This piece of ad content was created by Rasmussen University to support its educational programs. Rasmussen University may not prepare students for all positions featured within this content. Please visit www.rasmussen.edu/degrees for a list of programs offered. External links provided on rasmussen.edu are for reference only. Rasmussen University does not guarantee, approve, control, or specifically endorse the information or products available on websites linked to, and is not endorsed by website owners, authors and/or organizations referenced. Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.