Typography, Adobe® Software, Communication
Analysis of the Design Thinking process and its power to convey messages and help solve problems, including the role of design in global and social issues.
User Experience (UX) Design, Responsive Design, HTML
Focus on the creation of interactive media from static content. Exploration of the compatibility and limitations of various devices and engaging user experiences.
Color Theory, Composition, Information Architecture
Analysis of the various design elements of visual identity system for an organization, including hands-on design and presentation of collateral pieces and production costs.
Take me to:
Visualize a Career in Graphic Design
Want to add power to your portfolio? Rasmussen College can help you realize your vision—and amp up your skills for the marketplace—with an online Graphic Design Bachelor’s degree. The curriculum includes project work and focuses on emerging design trends, like “thumb-friendly” mobile navigation, 3D imagery, mobile video production and other trends that impact design. Whether you want to sharpen your skills in Adobe® Creative Cloud or increase your mastery of UX and user interface design, your future looks amazing from here.5
Courses Designed to Match Your Passion
Innovating Since Day One
Rasmussen College was a pioneer 18 years ago when we introduced online learning to our traditional curriculum. We were ahead of the curve then—and we continue to innovate.
Prepare for Industry Certifications
An online Graphic Design Bachelor’s degree can help prepare you to sit for the Adobe® Certified Associate in Visual Communication in Photoshop® and the Adobe® Certified Associate in Digital Video Using Premiere Pro.5 Your portfolio just got stronger.
Design in the Real World
Our Graphic Design degree courses are infused with skills requested in the marketplace and our curriculum was designed by industry experts with over 200 years of design experience with backgrounds in major brands: The Minnesota Timberwolves, the American Museum of Natural History of New York and Hormel.8,9
Tuition & Savings
Do the Math:
With eight start dates a year and a total of 23 courses, full-time students can finish in as few as 18 months for as low as $23,525.3
$209 cost per full-time credit
x 90 total credits
$18,810 total tuition
+ $4,715 total fees
$23,525 full-time estimated total program cost
Other Ways to Save
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how our online Graphic Design programs are designed to be more affordable with Flex Choice, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, and corporate and military discounts for those who qualify. Find more about:
Get Credit for What You Know
Credit by Assessment
Take advantage of the experience that you already have. Your potential savings are over $5,000!7
Get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average).
Fit the Rest Into Your Life
You really don’t need to go very far to learn. Do it at your pace, where you work best.
Competency-Based Education (CBE)
Already have design experience? Show what you know and move through your courses faster.
Entrance requirements at Rasmussen College vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent. To be considered for admission to the Bachelor-Completer Entrance Option, students must hold a conferred Associate’s degree from an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education, or students must have successfully completed 90 quarter or 60 semester credits with a grade of C or higher. Our online Graphic Design programs are available in every state except Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/ooh/arts-and-design/graphic-designers.htm. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- 2019 Rasmussen College Credit Transfer Data, collected December 17, 2019. The average number of transfer credits will vary by student. Tuition savings information displayed here is based on the credit transfer data of incoming students who enrolled in a Rasmussen College program in 2019. Rasmussen College reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Estimated total program cost for a full-time student. Rasmussen College defines transfer credit as previously earned college credit at an accredited two- or four-year college/university after graduating from high school. Bachelor completer programs assume at least 90 transfer credits or a conferred degree.
- Adobe®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Lightroom® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe® in the United States and/or other countries.
- Rasmussen College reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Savings calculated from students enrolled at Rasmussen College who utilized Flex Choice® Credit by Assessment, which were offered for no additional charge when taken concurrently with traditional courses from May 2014 to January 2018. When completed, assessments reduced the number of traditional courses students were required to complete as part of their program. From the launch of Flex Choice Credit by Assessment in May 2014 through January 2018, 8,297 courses have been completed. Calculation: 8,297 courses x 3.2 credits per course = 26,550 credits. Cost per credit $250 x 26,550 credits = $6,637,500 in savings in the last four years. Since January 2017, we’ve been charging $99 per attempt 10,280 attempts since January 2017 x $99 = $1,017,720 in revenue. $6,637,500 savings - $1,017,720 revenue = $5,619,780 saved.
- 2019 Graphic Design Associate’s and Bachelor’s Degrees Curriculum Design Summit included industry experts with approximately 200 years of design experience, collected November 20, 2019.
MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES is a trademark of Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball Limited Partnership.
AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY is a trademark of American Museum of Natural History
HORMELis a trademark of Hormel Foods, LLC.