Launch or advance your education
At Rasmussen University, our online Criminal Justice degrees are perfect for those who want to make a positive impact on your community. In our online Criminal Justice Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree programs, you’ll focus on launching or advancing your career in a rewarding field through:
- Affordable and fully online courses
- $149 self-directed assessments to show that you already have the knowledge for a particular course and don't need to take it
- Live interactive sessions with faculty and peers
- Real-world projects and scenario-based assessments
- Well-rounded curriculum led by experts in the field
- In-demand skills and critical-thinking abilities
This Criminal Justice program is not designed to meet the educational requirements for professional licensure or certification in any states. The program has not been approved by any state professional licensing body and does not lead to any state-issued professional license.
Advance Your EducationEasily transfer your Associate's degree credits toward a Criminal Justice Leadership and Management Bachelor's degree.
Make a Positive ImpactBe an active leader in the well-being of your organization and local community—and learn how you can help prevent criminal behavior.
Pursue a Variety of CareersApply your training in a broad range of environments and situations, from security to juvenile justice and domestic violence.
Education You Can Build On
Total Associate's Degree Credits Needed to Complete
Total Bachelor's Degree Credits Needed to Complete
Our ladder lets you reach higher.
Our "laddering" approach to education allows you to bolster your resume by earning your online Criminal Justice Associate’s degree in the process of earning your online Criminal Justice Bachelor’s degree. Then, once you’re ready, you can transfer those initial credits to complete your Bachelor’s degree. It’s both time- and money-saving. 67% of program requirements may be completed through Knowledge Credit™: transfer credits, self-directed assessments, course waivers or other ways of getting credit for prior learning. Don’t discard credits—make the most of them.
Learn from seasoned professionals in your field.
Everything you’ll learn in our online Criminal Justice programs has been validated by criminal justice professionals with experience in the FBI, DEA, United States Secret Services, Homeland Security and more.4 Our instructors bring experience in law enforcement, narcotics, combatting human trafficking and corrections.
Plus, transferable skills that take you farther.
Wherever your career takes you, you’ll be a stronger contributor with skills in:
- Critical Thinking
- Diversity and Teamwork
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Digital Fluency
- Information Literacy
"The program reflects an ongoing effort to ensure our curriculum reflects current issues, challenges, and topics in the criminal justice field and that our students have the necessary skills to be successful in the career and to service their communities."
Patty Laney, JD
Take the Next Step—Talk to Us!
The Criminal Justice Leadership and Management Bachelor’s degree and Criminal Justice Associate’s degree programs have not been approved by any state professional licensing body, and the programs do not lead to any state-issued professional license. For further information on professional licensing requirements, please contact the appropriate board or agency in your state of residence. Additional education, training, experience, and/or other eligibility criteria may apply.
In Minnesota, the Criminal Justice Associate’s degree program does not meet the standards established by the Minnesota Peace Officer Standards and Training Board for persons who seek employment as a peace officer.
- 2019 Rasmussen University Credit Transfer Data, collected December 17, 2019. The average number of transfer credits will vary by student. Tuition savings information displayed here is based on the credit transfer data of incoming students who enrolled in a Rasmussen University program in 2019. Rasmussen University reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed July 2022] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed July 2022] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- 2019 Criminal Justice Associate's and Bachelor's Degrees Curriculum Summit included industry experts from various organizations who designed and reviewed the curriculum, collected February, 2020.