With predicted global spending on cyber security products and services over the next five years nearing $1 trillion, securing information and defending data is essential.2 Rasmussen University understands that businesses need people to manage critical information, protect priceless data and be prepared for the unpredictable. This is why our online Cyber Security Bachelor’s degree helps prepare you to enter this specialized area of technology armed with information security knowledge and investigative skills. The Cyber Security program is fully online and available with $99 self-directed assessments, which allow you to prove that you already have the knowledge for a particular course and don't need to take it.
Take me to:
Prepare for Industry Certifications
Our Cyber Security Bachelor's degree-completion program prepares you for industry certification exams, including Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+).3
Help Move Your Career Forward
Students earning a Cyber Security Bachelor's degree online develop their knowledge, hard skills and employer-valued transferable skills to contribute to a diverse team against present-day cyber threats. Comprehensive Cyber Security courses help our graduates feel confident advancing their careers in the dynamic world of digital security and modern-day forensics.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the projected job growth potential by year 2029 for Information Security Analysts is 31%.4 A Cyber Security degree from Rasmussen University can help set you up for success in this growing field.
Implement best practices for secure network design to support physical and virtualized enterprise computing workloads.
Analyze the vulnerabilities and risks of an enterprise, learn investigation and analysis techniques to gather and preserve evidence, learn to develop a disaster recovery plan and create risk analysis documents for all applications by assessing their long-term viability and backup solutions.
Develop security awareness communications to influence the human firewall of an organization to maintain and defend the attack surface of an enterprise.
Security Risk Management
Learn, analyze and evaluate approaches to measuring and managing risks in various business environments in accordance with industry regulatory compliance standards to mitigate threats to business continuity.
You’ll also develop the soft skills you can transfer into your cyber security career. Core courses develop your skills in critical thinking, communication, digital fluency, information literacy, diversity and teamwork and ethics and professional responsibility. Learn more about transferable skills.
- CNT 3777
- 4 Credits
- CIS 4456
- 3 Credits
- CEN 4200C
- 4 Credits
Studies current virtualization technologies and strategies for virtualization of servers, clients and applications. Includes coverage of distributed virtual switching, server-side vs. client-side desktop virtualization and virtual appliances.
Hacker Techniques, Tools and Applications
Introduces hacking tools and incident handling, including various tools and vulnerabilities of operating systems, software and networks used by hackers to access unauthorized information. Addresses incident handling methods used when information security is compromised.
Malware Reverse Engineering
Examines tools and methodologies of designing malware, discovering data used by malware and analyzing malware via disassembly and/or decompilation. Provides an understanding of how to understand malware of unknown origin, or malware for which source code is unavailable, as well as malware analysis and auditing of closed-source software.
23 Courses to Complete
90 Credit Hours
To be considered for admission, students must hold a conferred Associate’s degree from an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education, or students must have successfully completed at least 60 quarter credits or 40 semester credits with a grade of C or higher.
We believe in giving credit where it’s due. You can get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average). Talk to an admissions advisor today, or explore our Transfer Policy page for our seamless credit policies designed to maximize credits, potentially save money and expedite graduation.
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with self-directed assessments, credit for prior learning, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, and corporate and military discounts for those who qualify.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Cybersecurity Ventures, Cybersecurity market Report [accessed July 11, 2017] http://cybersecurityventures.com/cybersecurity-market-report/
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed July 7, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2019-2029). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Any student who is not transferring successfully completed Introduction to Business and Programming Fundamentals course equivalents will be required to successfully complete the required coursework within a regularly scheduled term at the regular non-AcceleratED tuition rate prior to acceptance into the AcceleratED Bachelor’s Degree Program.