Regional and Programmatic Accreditation
Rasmussen College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at Rasmussen College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Get Started with Savings
Save up to $7,950 in tuition and fees with our RN to BSN Get Started Grant—tuition for your first course and up to five Flex Choice® Credit by Assessments are offered at no cost to you. Visit our RN to BSN Get Started Grant to learn more.
Flex Choice® Credit by Assessment allows you to get credit for what you already know. Online and interactive, you can take control of your schedule by leveraging your previous experience. If you prefer, you can get one-on-one guidance from an academic coach, and support materials are also provided to help you prepare.
Competency-Based Education (CBE)
Time-efficient and cost-effective—it also comes with peace of mind. In CBE, demonstrate skills you’re proficient in or slow down and focus on new material. You’ll have 24-hour tech help, support from multiple faculty and tutoring assistance if you need it. Typically, you can finish your program in as few as 12–18 months. Watch this video to see how CBE works.
Along with program-specific skills, students in all programs and at all credential levels learn six employer-valued transferable skills, or soft skills: critical thinking, digital fluency, information literacy, communication, diversity and teamwork, and ethics and professional responsibility.
All six skills are strategically embedded into your program, further preparing you for your career. As an RN to BSN student, you’ll demonstrate critical thinking through complex problem-solving and the integration of innovative strategies for providing client care. Develop digital fluency by leveraging current and emerging healthcare technology to enhance the quality of healthcare delivery and patient safety. Learn more about transferable skills.
RN to BSN
Online Bachelor's Degree
We understand the demands of a busy nurse’s schedule. Trying to balance a job while advancing a career can be a tricky proposition. That’s why we’ve designed an accredited Nursing degree program with you in mind, making it possible to keep working as you earn your BSN credential. And, because you don’t want to start from square one, we offer competency-based education (CBE) that lets you show what you know, so you move ahead accordingly. We offer a flexible schedule that gives you freedom, making work-life and home-life balance more manageable.
RN to BSN Credentials Offered
RN to BSN
Finish in as few as
- Flex Choice®
Students who are currently licensed RNs looking to pursue further education and earn a BSN degree focusing on strategic leadership practices to enhance knowledge, skills and attitudes as a BSN-prepared nurse.
Prepares you for
Physician’s office nurse, private medical nurse, surgical nurse, pediatric nurse or working in emergency rooms, home healthcare services or nursing care facilities
Your Nursing Career Path
Our CCNE-accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program features curriculum focused on strategic leadership practices to enhance knowledge, skills and attitudes of a BSN prepared nurse. You’ll explore evidence-based practice, population health and healthcare technology as well as the Essentials of Baccalaureate Education in Nursing and Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), earning a degree, regardless of the field of study, can help improve income potential.6
While some might skim through an online education and barely make it by, there’s very good rigor if you’re an involved student and a student that really wants to learn. Instructor responsiveness made it a positive learning experience for me.
RN to BSN Graduate
- Plus book fees. The cost displayed on this page excludes a book fee of $15/book. There are seven books required in this program for a total of $105. See the Rasmussen College catalog or tuition estimator for additional information regarding books.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2019] https://www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 30, 2018] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Costs include $16,030 in tuition plus $3,430 in fees and books for a total of $19,460.
- Terms and conditions apply. Visit the RN to BSN Get Started Grant page for more details.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Unemployment Rates and Earnings by Educational Attainment, 2019. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm