RN to BSN Online
As a working RN, you need a flexible, transfer-friendly program to help you save time and money as you take the next step in your nursing career. In our online RN to BSN program, you can transfer in up to 134 credits—which is nearly 75% of program requirements. Your transfer credits can be reviewed in one business day (on average).
Put your nursing knowledge and experience to work in our CCNE-accredited1 RN to BSN program with competency-based education (CBE). CBE prioritizes your learning over time, giving you greater control to balance work and life with school. With CBE, you can:
- Access courses anytime, anywhere
- Participate in live sessions or recorded sessions
- Speed through what you already know and slow down for new topics
- Complete course projects when you’re ready within each term
You can take up to two Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) courses as part of your RN to BSN through our accelerated Master's pathway. If you decide to continue with your MSN, you'll save up to $1,650 and finish in as few as 15 months.6
On this page
The RN to BSN Get Started Grant saves you up to $8,445 in tuition and fees. Tuition for your first course and up to five Flex Choice® Credit by Assessments are offered at no cost to you. These online, interactive assessments map to specific courses in your program, allowing you to get credit for what you already know. Leverage your previous experience, and demonstrate your skills on your schedule and at your own pace. Each successful assessment saves you time and money.
Built for Working Nurses
Our program is designed for busy nurses, so you can continue to work while you earn your degree. Eight start dates a year and 100% online courses, complemented by practicum experiences near you, mean you have more control over your schedule.
RN to BSN on Your Time
Online courses and competency-based education (CBE) help make school work on your schedule, not the other way around. Use the skills you’ve already developed as a nurse to move quickly through material you know and slow down for new learning.
Set Up to Advance
Through our accelerated Master’s pathway, you can take up to two Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) courses as a part of the online RN to BSN program. If you decide to continue with your MSN, you'll save up to $1,650 and begin one full quarter ahead to finish in as few as 15 months.6
"The higher you go academically, the more opportunities in expanding your career you achieve: better job opportunities and better pay, which is everyone’s dream. As soon as I began my BSN, I was offered a promotion at work."
Do the Math
With eight start dates a year, 11-week terms and a total of 17 courses, full-time students can finish in as few as 12 months for as low as $23,050.2 If you earn the RN to BSN Get Started Grant, you could complete your degree for as low as $14,605.4
$325 cost per credit
x 70 total credits
$22,750 total tuition
+ $300 total fees
$23,050 estimated total program cost
- $8,445 maximum value of RN to BSN Get Started Grant
$14,605 estimated total program cost with grant
Other Ways to Save
Get Started with Savings
Advance your education with confidence by saving up to $8,445 on tuition and fees. Learn more about the RN to BSN Get Started Grant.
Already a Rasmussen Alum? Save on Tuition
Rasmussen alumni have an exclusive opportunity to save up to $9,245. Learn more about the Alumni Achievement Grant.
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor or find more about:
Applicants to this program must have a current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the U.S.
This program is not available to residents of all states. Speak with an admissions advisor regarding additional entrance requirements and to determine your eligibility for enrollment.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program at Rasmussen University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) 655 K Street NW, Suite 750 l Washington, DC 20001 l 202-887-6791
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- As of July 14, 2020, Rasmussen University had 7,564 students enrolled in School of Nursing programs. As of June 30, 2020, Rasmussen University had 16,032 nursing alumni. This number represents the total number of those who graduated from a School of Nursing program between March 20, 2006, and June 30, 2020. For the spring quarter of 2020 (April - June), Rasmussen University had 767 full-time and adjunct nursing faculty.
- This price reflects full value of RN to BSN Get Started Grant. Terms and conditions apply. Visit the RN to BSN Get Started Grant page for more details.
- Terms and conditions apply. Visit the RN to BSN Get Started Grant page for more details.
- Number of eligible courses varies by program and ranges from one to two courses. Time and cost savings are dependent on the eligible student enrolling and completing both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at Rasmussen University through the accelerated Master’s pathway. MSN completion time is dependent on the number of courses completed each term. Please speak to an admissions advisor for details.