Regional and Programmatic Accreditation
Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program at Rasmussen University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Which BSN Option Do I Need?
The BSN Standard Degree, designed to be completed in less than three years, is for those who haven't yet earned a nursing diploma or degree.1
Our BSN Accelerated Second Degree, earned in as few as 18 months, is for those who already hold a Bachelor's degree and want to make a career change into Nursing.1
NCLEX-RN preparation begins the minute the program does, so you can earn the license you need to become an RN and start improving patients’ lives.
Direct Admission to the Program
Once you have successfully completed your admission requirements, you are admitted into the BSN program—there is no need to apply twice.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Want to move as quickly as possible to become a registered nurse (RN) with your BSN degree? Our CCNE-accredited4 Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is designed to help every nurse at every level finish as quickly as possible.
We offer three program entry tracks:
- BSN Standard Degree: for those without a degree who wish to become a BSN RN as quickly as possible.
- BSN Second Degree: for those with a Bachelor’s who want to make a career change into nursing.
- RN to BSN: for currently licensed RNs with an Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) who are ready to reach the next level online.
With 8 start dates a year, you can get started soon.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Finish in as few as
33 months (BSN Standard Degree)1
18 months (BSN Second Degree)
- On-Campus and Online Classes
- Field Experience
- Flex Choice® (Available for Standard Degree)
- BSN Standard Degree is for those who haven't earned a nursing diploma or degree and who wish to enter the field as a BSN-credentialed RN
- BSN Second Degree is for those who already hold a Bachelor's degree but want to make a career change and become a registered nurse
Prepares you for
Physician’s office nurse, private medical nurse, emergency room, surgical nurse, pediatric nurse, or working in home healthcare services or nursing care facilities.
Learn More About Our Nursing Programs at a Nursing Information Session
Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses (LPN)
Registered Nurses (RN)
"The curriculum at Rasmussen [University] helped me prepare for a nursing career by giving me the knowledge, skills and attitude that I need in today's nursing field."
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program at Rasmussen University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The ABSN meets the educational requirements to apply for licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in Florida, Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin. Other eligibility requirements may apply; please verify your eligibility against your state’s board of nursing rules. This program may not meet the educational requirements for licensure as a nurse in states not listed above.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
655 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Program availability varies by campus and state; see the Rasmussen University catalog or contact an admissions advisor for complete details.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292061.htm. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program at Rasmussen University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) 655 K Street NW, Suite 750 l Washington, DC 20001 l 202-887-6791