Unlock your potential to better serve patients, families and the community by earning a Health and Wellness bachelor's degree online that you can finish in as few as 18 months.1 Expand your skills and career opportunities in a variety of healthcare settings. And with in-depth, interactive online experiences, you’ll be prepared to make a difference. The Health and Wellness degree is available with online Empowered Learning™ courses, which allow you to learn by doing, manage your pace and stay connected with faculty and peers.
The accelerated Master’s pathway gives you a head start on your Master of Healthcare Administration or Master of Public Health degree. You can take up to four Master’s courses as part of your Bachelor’s degree. You’ll gain advanced skills and credits toward your graduate degree without committing fully to grad school right now. You could save up to $4,100 and earn your Master's degree in as little as one additional year.5
Take me to:
What Will I Be Prepared to Do When I’m Done?
Help Advance Your Career
Our in-depth, online Health and Wellness program is designed to unlock your potential and enhance your skills to help you advance in a fulfilling, successful career as a health and wellness professional.
Advocate for Wellness
Once you've graduated from our health and wellness bachelor's degree-completion program, you will have the skills to successfully advocate for wellness—from your community, hospitals and clinics to insurance companies and public and community health agencies.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the projected job growth potential between year 2020 and 2030 for Community Health Workers is 21%.2 A Bachelor's degree in Health and Wellness from Rasmussen University can help set you up for success in this growing field.
Take the Next Step—Talk to Us!
What Skills Will I Gain?
Holistic Approach to Healthcare
Prepare to promote health, preventative healthcare and individual wellness in a variety of settings.
Leadership and Management
Develop leadership skills that help prepare you to lead and manage effectively in any healthcare environment.
Public Health Insight
Gain necessary tangible skills and provide healthcare knowledge on key public health initiatives and concerns as they impact communities.
Learn to successfully advocate for wellness initiatives while educating the community through a holistic approach that encompasses aspects of behavioral and physical health.
What Types of Health and Wellness Classes Will I Take?
- HSC 3485
- 4 Credits
- HSC 4290
- 3 Credits
- PHC 4305
- 4 Credits
Learn how to act as a healthcare and social services advocate for patients of different ages and cultural backgrounds. Learn how to overcome barriers to healthcare as well as challenges to patient rights, health justice and preventing disease.
Health and Wellness Capstone
Students demonstrate the ability to use interdisciplinary methods to draw together different areas of study focusing on relevant Health and Wellness concepts and concerns. Relies heavily on knowledge and skills learned in previous program courses to demonstrate transferable skills, from critical thinking and digital fluency to ethics and professional responsibility.
Practices and Policies in Public Health
Studies the U.S. legal system and court process with emphasis on legal and ethical issues within healthcare. Fraud and abuse, patient privacy and confidentiality will also be covered. Includes a project specific to the student’s program of study.
23 Courses to Complete
91 Credit Hours
Estimate Your Tuition
Rasmussen University is committed to making education more affordable for all students. Our tuition estimating tool can help you visualize the cost of your degree and see what savings opportunities are available to help you achieve it.
What Should I Know Before I Enroll?
Entrance RequirementsTo be considered for admission, students must hold a conferred Associate’s degree from an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education, or students must have successfully completed 60 quarter or 40 semester credits with a grade of C or higher. In addition to meeting other Rasmussen University admission requirements, you will need to pass a background check.
We believe in giving credit where it’s due. You can get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average). Talk to an admissions advisor today, or explore our Transfer Policy page for our seamless credit policies designed to maximize credits, potentially save money and expedite graduation.
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with self-directed assessments, credit for prior learning, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, corporate grants and military discounts for those who qualify.
Where Can I Find an Online Health and Wellness Program Near Me?
At Rasmussen University, we want our courses to be available on your schedule, not the other way around. Select programs are available for enrollment through a specific campus and nationally online, but students complete the courses online and are able to utilize online and on-campus support and resources. See below to find out where you can find an online Health and Wellness program near you.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed March 31, 2022] www.bls.gov/ooh/. "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2020-2030). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Time and cost savings depend on the eligible student enrolling and completing both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at Rasmussen University through the accelerated Master’s pathway program. Program availability varies by campus and state, please see the Rasmussen University catalog for details.
- Time and cost savings depend on the eligible student enrolling in and completing both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at Rasmussen University through the accelerated Master’s pathway program. Completion time is dependent on transfer credits and the number of courses completed each term. Please speak to an admissions advisor for details.
- Number of eligible courses varies by program. Time and cost savings depend on the eligible student enrolling in and completing both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at Rasmussen University through the accelerated Master’s pathway. Completion time is dependent on transfer credits and the number of courses completed each term. The Master of Public Health degree program is not available to residents of CA and IL. Please speak to an admissions advisor for details.