Information Technology (IT) Project Management
In as few as six months and for less than $8,000 for full-time students, you can earn your Pre-Bachelor's online IT Project Management Certificate and help expand your career potential.5 Start your Certificate when it’s convenient for you thanks to fully online curriculum and eight start dates a year. Plus, you’ll feel prepared to sit for the CAPM® (PMI Certified Associate in Project Management), an industry IT project management certification exam that employers are looking for.4
Next Program Start Date: November 9, 2022
What Does My Educational Path Look Like?
Designed with motivated learners like you in mind, our laddering approach to curriculum can help you get a head start on your IT Management Bachelor’s degree. When you complete your IT Project Management Certificate, you can seamlessly transfer your credits toward your Bachelor’s degree. When you graduate from Rasmussen University, you earn more than just a Bachelor’s degree—you earn every credential you’ve worked for. Credits simply ladder-up, one credential to the next, from Certificate to Bachelor’s degree.
The single panel infographic displays how Rasmussen University's IT program credentials stack together. The title of the graphic is, "Information Technology Management Laddering". At the bottom of the stack is the IT Support Certificate, followed by IT Associate's degree, IT Project Management Certificate (highlighted in green) and, at the top, the IT Management Bachelor's degree.
Specialized IT Education to Fill Skills Gaps
Rasmussen University has been educating Technology students for two decades—we continuously review and update our curriculum to fit the needs of the industry. You’ll learn from instructors who are accomplished professionals in business and project management to give you the best of both IT and business worlds. IT Project Management certification training from Rasmussen University can help you advance your expertise in Microsoft® while simultaneously enhancing your skills as a leader.3
Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Take me to:
IT Project Management Certificate Career Potential
Here are a few of the specialized careers you can pursue with our IT Project Management Certificate:
Computer and Information Systems Manager
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), earning a degree, regardless of the field of study, can improve income potential.7 A Computer and Information Systems Manager is just one example of where an online IT Project Management Certificate can take you.
BLS Earnings Data:6
- $95,220 (10th percentile)
- $122,820 (25th percentile)
- $159,010 (50th percentile)
BLS Projected Growth 2020–2030:6
What Skills Will I Gain?
Project Management Software
Utilize fundamental project management software, such as Excel®, Visio and MS Project, in order to effectively support and drive IT projects forward.3
Apply strategies and techniques for resolving technical issues within a business setting in order to mitigate risk and examine the environments in which they operate.
Maintain Business IT Fluency
Assess, implement, deploy and maintain the appropriateness of technology to support critical systems across the organization and satisfy information technology business needs.
Effective Client Communication
Apply and clearly communicate project management methodologies and leadership skills to meet information technology business needs.
Along with program-specific skills, students in all programs and at all credential levels learn six employer-valued transferable skills, or soft skills: critical thinking, digital fluency, information literacy, communication, diversity and teamwork, and ethics and professional responsibility. You will not only advance your knowledge of hardware and software, but also demonstrate business leadership and administration skills within a diverse team. All six transferable skills are strategically embedded into your IT project management training, further preparing you for your career.
IT Project Management Certification Exams
Our IT Project Management Certificate academically prepares you to sit for in-demand IT certification exams, such as the CAPM (PMI Certified Associate in Project Management). Rasmussen University will reimburse the exam fees of up to three certification exams to help make pursuing IT project management certification more of a reality.4
What Types of Classes Will I Take?
- CDA 3515C
- 4 Credits
- ISM 3110C
- 4 Credits
- ISM 3255C
- 4 Credits
Information Technology Systems Analysis
Explains how to define the problem, determine the requirements and develop a team to support solving complex business problems. Presents the systems analysis lifecycle and techniques for systematically developing a plan to resolve current state challenges.
Information Technology Project Management Tools
Introduces generally accepted processes and knowledge areas found in the project management profession, as well as the tools and techniques to drive the project, such as Excel®, Vision and MS Project.
Information Technology Project Management I
Emphasizes the fundamental concepts and principles of project management defined by the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) topics, including project planning, executing, monitoring and controlling tools and techniques.
61 Minimum Months to Completion
6 Courses to Complete
24 Credit Hours
Estimate Your Tuition
Rasmussen University is committed to making education more affordable for all students. Our tuition estimating tool can help you visualize the cost of your degree and see what savings opportunities are available to help you achieve it.
Take the Next Step—Talk to Us!
What Should I Know Before I Enroll?
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with Knowledge Credit™ transfer credits and credit for prior learning. Plus, find loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, corporate grants and military discounts for those who qualify.
We believe in giving credit where it’s due. You can get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average). Talk to an admissions advisor today or explore our Transfer Policy page for our seamless credit policies designed to maximize credits, potentially save money and expedite graduation.
Entrance requirements at the Rasmussen University School of Technology vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
To gain acceptance to the Pre-Bachelor's IT Project Management Certificate, students must provide evidence of an acceptable conferred associate’s degree as listed below, or at least 60 quarter credits of college-level coursework with a grade of C or higher from an accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Acceptable associate’s degree programs are:
- Information Technology
- Information Technology Management
- Information Systems
- Information Systems Management
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Information Technology
- Management of Information Systems
Alternatively, students with an associate’s degree outside the fields above or at least 60 quarter credits or 40 semester credits may be considered for this program according to the following:
- Only courses with a grade of C or higher are considered eligible credits.
- Students may be required to take additional lower level prerequisite courses when comparable courses have not been completed within the past three (3) years. Prerequisite courses a student may be required to complete include: CIS1538C Hardware and Software I, CIS1648C Hardware and Software II, CNT12544C Introduction to Networks, and CTS2511 Excel. Prerequisite courses are not eligible for Financial Aid.
An applicant may be accepted into the program upon receipt of official or unofficial transcripts which prove prior credits. Official or unofficial transcripts must be received no later than the sixth business day of the first term of enrollment in order to begin the program. A student will be withdrawn from the University if official transcripts are not received by the Friday of the thirteenth week of enrollment. In the event that acceptance was based on credits earned at multiple institutions, the official transcript from each institution must be received by the deadline.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Total program cost varies by full-time vs. part-time learning.
- Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
Total program cost varies by full-time vs. part-time learning and does not include any prerequisites (if needed). Visit the Course Catalog for full details on prerequisite courses and entrance requirements.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed July 2022] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed July 2022] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2020. Accessed on March 31, 2022. Data is for persons age 25 and older who are full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm