Fundamentals of Networks
By learning the fundamentals of technology in our online Network Systems Administration degree, including working with industry hardware and software, understanding networking and network maintenance, operations and network security and network analysis, you can turn your interest in technology into a reliable career. Highly qualified faculty and practical, in-field experience are combined with project-based courses and virtual labs that simulate real-world experiences with relevant applications.
- Industry Certifications
Regional Accreditation and Industry Alignment
Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The online Network Systems Administration degree program is aligned with industry leaders such as CompTIA and Microsoft® IT Academy, you can feel confident pursuing optimum IT training and job outlook.
Flex Choice®: Get Credit for What You Know
This Associate's degree is available with Flex Choice self-directed assessment offerings, which allows you to blend traditional online courses with self-directed assessments that provide optional coaching assistance. Assessments provide more flexibility, and—at $99 per attempt—this is a more affordable way to receive credit for what you already know. For additional information, visit our Flex Choice page.
Network Systems Administration
Online Associate's Degree
The growing digital economy means more computer networks, which are critical parts of nearly every organization. Businesses and the technology they utilize continue to change, which is why our Network Systems Administration degree online program helps provide the technical knowledge that is currently in demand. From working with industry hardware and software to understanding networks, network maintenance and operations and network security, you can graduate in as few as 18 months with the skills to start building a career in technology.1
Network Systems Administration
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
- Flex Choice®
Students who are curious about networks and technology as a means to problem-solve and optimize workflow. Students that are interested in advancing into an entry-level position that offers job security and a path for advancement.
Prepares you for
Network administrator, systems/network analyst, information security specialist, network technician and network and operations support specialist
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Designed with motivated learners like you in mind, our ladder approach to education makes it easy to earn the credentials that you need. At Rasmussen University, our Cyber Security programs stack together into one cohesive Cyber Security ladder system. This means that you’re earning more than credits—you’re earning every credential along the way. No matter where you start, credits transfer from one credential to the next: Network Support Certificate to Network Systems Administration Associate's degree to Cyber Security Certificate (Administrative or Technical specialization) to Cyber Security Bachelor's degree.
The single panel infographic displays how Rasmussen University's Cyber Security program credentials stack together. The title of the graphic is, "Cyber Security Laddering". At the bottom of the stack and highlighted in green is the Network Support Certificate, followed by Network Support Administrative Associate's degree, Cyber Security Certificate and, at the top, the Cyber Security Bachelor's degree.
How to Become a Network Administrator: The Info You Need to Know
It may be time to take your technology passion from an interest to a full-fledged career. Gain a better understanding of a network administrator, what you'll learn in network administrator courses online and how to pursue this important tech role.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292061.htm. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2019. Accessed by 7/15/2020. Data is for persons age 25 and older full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm