- Education: Arizona State University, MA in English Literature; Oklahoma State University, BA in English, University of South Florida, significant coursework in American Film Studies
Assistant Professor Phillips is passionate about teaching and has taught as a college professor for over 20 years in General Education, English and Humanities, and she also has an extensive administrative background. In 2010, she was awarded the Innovative Educator Award from Austin Community College. She also received the honor of Educator of the Month from VoiceThread in 2012. Previously, she was a contributing author in the Classroom 2.0 Anniversary Book Project and has been published in Faculty Focus magazine.
- Education: Walden University, PhD in Public Health, MS in Public Health; Central Michigan University, MS in Administration; Baker College, BBA
For over a decade, Dr. Evans has been deeply involved in higher education and public health, including clinical, academic and administrative research. Dr. Evans is dedicated to producing an interactive and collaborative teaching environment that helps give students a voice. She has co-authored multiple articles, presented at the state and national levels and participated in various health-related research projects and trials. Dr. Evans is also a member of the American Public Health Association (APHA) and Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA).
School of Business
- Education: North Central College, MS in Business Administration; Northern Illinois University, BS in Marketing; Waubonsee Community College, AS in Business
Since 2009, Assistant Professor Samuelson has been working with Rasmussen University to improve teaching innovation, learning outcomes and comprehensive student support. He is one of the leaders in Rasmussen University’s Empowered Learning™ competency-based education (CBE), a modality that helps students balance work and college life. In 2017 and 2018, he presented at the CBExchange conference to help maintain Rasmussen University’s quality standards and faculty engagement with CBE. He is scheduled to attend again in 2019.
School of Health Sciences
- Education: Capella University, MS in Human Services, PhD; Clark Atlanta University, BS in Community Health and Preventive Medicine; Purdue University Global, MPH
Ms. Gilmore-Byrd is passionate about improving the overall health and human services offered to those who are most susceptible to disparities. She also serves Brevard County, FL, as a Guardian Ad Litem and Certified Mediator. In addition to her faculty work and dedicated volunteering, she has served on Rasmussen University’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee and conducts all the Cultural and Diversity trainings for incoming Guardian Ad Litems in the county.
School of Design
- Education: Kennesaw State University, MS in Information Design; University of Wisconsin-Stout, BFA in Graphic Design
Not only has Mr. Mindiola worked as a Rasmussen University instructor since 2008, but he comes to his classroom with an abundance of real-world experience in graphic design and production art. With technical skills in Mac, PC, Adobe® Illustrator®, Adobe Photoshop®, Adobe InDesign®, QuarkXPress, Adobe Acrobat®, Microsoft® Office, Adobe Flash®, Adobe Dreamweaver®, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, HTML and CSS, he approaches instruction with a deep desire to help students succeed. Previously, he won awards for vita.mn magazine cover contest and best designed booth from Shepherd Incorporated. He also contributed his expertise in the field of graphic design as part of a lecture at Loras College.
School of Education
- Education: Walden University, EdD in Early Childhood Education; National Louis University, MEd in Early Childhood Admin; University of Illinois, BA in Speech Communication and Certificate in Child Development and Child Care Admin
Dr. Muhs has spent years dedicated to enhancing the training of future educators. Her time at Bright Horizons Family Solutions gave her firsthand knowledge of child development and administration. Dr. Muhs has years of experience presenting, publishing and developing early childhood education curriculum for both online and on-campus programs. She has also won awards and recognition for her work as an instructor, and is a member of various national education associations, such as the National Association of Early Childhood Teach Educators (NAECTE), National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC & MNAEYC).
School of Justice Studies
- Education: University of Minnesota Law School, JD; University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts, BA in Political Science
Professor Olson has over 25 years of law experience, both in solo practice and partnership. His wealth of real-world law and business experience is applied directly in the classroom, where he has been teaching since 2005. Professor Olson develops his online and on-campus curriculum using his extensive knowledge of legal work and problem solving in areas such as real estate, probate, estate planning, civil and criminal appellate cases. He serves on the board of several local community organizations, including as president of Long Prairie Rotary.
School of Nursing
- Education: Capella University, Doctorate of Philosophy in Nursing Education; University of Phoenix, MSN; Florida State University, BSN; Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
From registered nurse and veterinarian to lead nursing instructor and curriculum consultant, Dr. Rogers has spent over 20 years in health sciences and nursing. In turn, she uses her breadth of knowledge and expertise as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) to teach current and future nurses. Dr. Rogers is also the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program chair at Rasmussen University. Her passionate work as a nursing faculty member has earned her a collection of esteemed awards and scholarships. She has both authored and contributed to numerous publications and is a member of nursing and faculty societies, including the Southern Nursing Research Society, International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning, Society for Simulation in Healthcare and American Association for Critical Care Nurses.
School of Technology
- Education: Fairfield University Dolan School of Business, MBA in Information Technology and E-Business; BS in Information Systems