IT careers get powered here. Prepare to reboot and begin an information technology career. IT expertise is highly valued in hundreds of industries worldwide—you can choose the path that suits you best at Rasmussen University. In as few as 18 months, our online Information Technology Associate’s degree helps you learn to provide technical assistance and resolution strategies—taught with insight from industry-tested faculty. You’ll be showing your skills in hands-on projects, gaining crucial, practical experience common in the workplace.
As a pioneer in the field of career-focused education, Rasmussen University recruits and leverages industry leaders’ expertise to ensure program innovation and dynamic curriculum. This is why our IT Associate’s degree program content and structure was created and reviewed by a team of industry experts in roles including technical support specialist, IT specialist, technical integration specialist, security officer, IT helpdesk support, network engineer and information security and business analyst.
Along with the knowledge you’ll gain through your online Information Technology Associate’s degree curriculum, you’ll also learn the essential soft skills needed for today’s workplace, such as communication and critical thinking. Graduates of our online IT Associate’s degree have gone on to work in roles across a variety of industries and you can expect that same well-rounded career preparation in our program.
Take me to:
What Will I Be Prepared to Do When I’m Done?
Prepare for Industry Certifications
Our online Information Technology Associate's degree curriculum and comprehensive IT training are designed to help prepare you for valuable certification exams, including CompTIA® A+ (parts 1 and 2), CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+ and Microsoft® Windows 10 MD-100.2
Advance Your Education
Rasmussen University’s ladder curriculum allows you to easily transfer your IT Associate’s degree credits toward a Pre-Bachelor's IT Project Management Certification. From there, you’ll be prepared to ladder into your Bachelor’s program.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the projected job growth potential by year 2030 for Computer User Support Specialists is 9%.3 An online Information Technology Associate’s degree from Rasmussen University can help set you up for success in this growing field.
Take the Next Step—Talk to Us!
What Skills Will I Gain?
Foundations in Technology
Understand the basics of information technology, including systems analysis, network analysis, information security and business applications.
Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
Solve technical problems and provide help desk support by practicing critical thinking and troubleshooting methodologies across various real-world scenarios.
Mobile Support Principles
Explore the challenges of supporting mobile devices within a business. Gain skills to address issues that arise when employees use their own mobile devices and/or work remotely.
Value the importance of effective written and interpersonal communications and relaying technical lingo in a variety of team and work environments.
What Types of Classes Will I Take?
- CIS 1538C
- 4 Credits
- CTS 1884C
- 3 Credits
- CDA 2725C
- 3 Credits
Hardware and Software I
Introduces installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end-user personal computer hardware (including laptops and mobile devices) and the software used to support the hardware.
Computer Technical Support
Familiarizes with computer technical support operations that services an organization. Topics will include service level agreements, the help desk and field support process and the procedures and mechanics of issue capture, resolution and metrics tracking.
Systems Analysis and Design
Covers analysis and design of information systems including networks, server environments and business solutions. Students will be exposed to different projects that have complex systems and be asked to create analysis and design documents and diagrams.
25 Courses to Complete
90 Credit Hours
Estimate Your Tuition
Rasmussen University is committed to making education more affordable for all students. Our tuition estimating tool can help you visualize the cost of your degree and see what savings opportunities are available to help you achieve it.
What Should I Know Before I Enroll?
Entrance requirements at the Rasmussen University School of Technology vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
We believe in giving credit where it’s due. Talk to an admissions advisor today or explore our Transfer Policy page to review our seamless credit policies designed to maximize credits, potentially save money and expedite graduation. Lower level course waivers are available for students with the following industry certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ and Windows MCSA 10.
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with self-directed assessments, credit for prior learning, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, corporate grants and military discounts for those who qualify.
Where Can I Find an Online Information Technology Associate's Degree Near Me?
At Rasmussen University, we want our courses to be available for your schedule; not the other way around. Many of our programs are available on campus or online. Select programs are available for enrollment through a specific campus, but students complete the courses online and are able to utilize online and on-campus support and resources. Click below to find an online Information Technology degree program near you.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed March 31, 2022] www.bls.gov/ooh/. "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2020-2030). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers is a trademark of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP.
- Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle® Corporation.
- Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- Cisco is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
- CompTIA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, and CompTIA Server+ are registered trademarks of the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA).
- Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.