Online Graphic Design Programs at Rasmussen College. A Creative Way to Learn.
The market is always looking for visual thinkers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the graphic design industry is projected to grow.1 Our online Graphic Design programs can give you the tools you need to launch a career you’ll love. With the guidance of work-experienced faculty, you’ll build a portfolio that stands out. Unleash your creativity, watch your future take shape.
Emerging TrendsExplore trends impacting the world of design such as “thumb-friendly” mobile navigation, Design Thinking and design for ever-changing platforms and technologies.
Adobe® Creative CloudMaster the latest version of Adobe® Creative Cloud and other industry-standard tools. Design impactful, user-friendly results.
Problem SolvingConceptualize, design and implement persuasive solutions to complex visual challenges. Put on your inventive hat.
Translate Design Thinking Into ActionLearn the predominant theories of design and interactivity. Bring them to life in branding, user experience and critical creative thinking.
Real-World ProjectsExpand your talent in multi-disciplinary, project-based challenges using advanced techniques in industry-leading software.
Education You Can Build On
Total Associate's Degree Credits Needed to Complete
Total Bachelor's Degree Credits Needed to Complete
Our ladder lets you reach higher.Our "laddering" approach to education allows you to bolster your resume by earning your online Graphic Design Associate’s degree in the process of earning your online Graphic Design Bachelor’s degree. Then, once you’re ready, you can transfer those initial credits to complete your Bachelor’s degree. It’s both time- and money-saving. And, in 2019, Associate’s degree students transferred in an average of 26 credits.2 Don’t discard credits—make the most of them.
Bachelor Completer Details
Associate's Degree Details
A Curriculum Designed by Experience
Our instructors are accomplished design professionals who have received industry awards and accolades for their work. You’ll be exposed to immersive, hands-on scenarios that matter in your Graphic Design college courses. Class smarts, meet life smarts.
Design Skills Meet Life Skills
Employers look for designers with a well-rounded education. Students at all levels will cultivate six employer-valued transferable skills, or soft skills: critical thinking, digital fluency, information literacy, communication, diversity and teamwork, and ethics and professional responsibility. All six are strategically embedded into your coursework; they are integral to the work world.
I enjoy every part of my assignments and every challenge I face. It’s the feeling I get every time I sit down and start working.
Student, School of Design
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed April 24, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/ooh/arts-and-design/graphic-designers.htm. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- 2019 Rasmussen College Credit Transfer Data, collected December 17, 2019. The average number of transfer credits will vary by student. Tuition savings information displayed here is based on the credit transfer data of incoming students who enrolled in a Rasmussen College program in 2019. Rasmussen College reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Estimated total program cost for a full-time student with no transfer of credit.
- Adobe®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Lightroom® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe® in the United States and/or other countries.
- Rasmussen College reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Savings calculated from students enrolled at Rasmussen College who utilized Flex Choice® Credit by Assessment, which were offered for no additional charge when taken concurrently with traditional courses from May 2014 to January 2018. When completed, assessments reduced the number of traditional courses students were required to complete as part of their program. From the launch of Flex Choice Credit by Assessment in May 2014 through January 2018, 8,297 courses have been completed. Calculation: 8,297 courses x 3.2 credits per course = 26,550 credits. Cost per credit $250 x 26,550 credits = $6,637,500 in savings in the last four years. Since January 2017, we’ve been charging $99 per attempt 10,280 attempts since January 2017 x $99 = $1,017,720 in revenue. $6,637,500 savings - $1,017,720 revenue = $5,619,780 saved.
- 2019 Graphic Design Associate’s and Bachelor’s Degrees Curriculum Design Summit included industry experts with approximately 200 years of design experience, collected November 20, 2019.
MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES is a trademark of Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball Limited Partnership.
AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY is a trademark of American Museum of Natural History
HORMELis a trademark of Hormel Foods, LLC.