Digital Photography and Image Editing
Introduction to techniques and theories of digital photography. Learning to communicate and tell a story with a photo. Covers composition, image capture and digital manipulation.
Web Design Fundamentals
User Experience (UX) Design, User Interface (UI) Design, User Testing
Analysis of online interactivity with hands-on experience planning, designing and publishing online websites that incorporate text, images, animation, navigation and interactive elements.
Graphic Design Portfolio
Communication, Presentation Skills, Portfolio Design
Develop and refine creative work into a professional Graphic Design portfolio, including how to present themselves and their work through the internet, resumes, cover letters and job interviews.
Graphic Design Associate’s Degree: A Path to a Profession.
Is your creative side looking for a place to blossom? The design skills built into our online Graphic Design programs are the skills the marketplace covets. Rasmussen College can help you realize your vision with a Graphic Design Associate’s degree. Our online courses offer great flexibility and the curriculum was designed by industry experts with over 200 years of experience and major brand backgrounds: The Minnesota Timberwolves, the American Museum of Natural History of New York and Hormel.8,9 Learn a litany of disciplines, including Adobe® Creative Cloud, web design, digital image editing and more.5 Craft your career skills with top online Graphic Design college courses and get the experience it takes to excel.
Take me to:
It's Your Future. Design It.
Innovating Since Day One
Rasmussen College was a pioneer 18 years ago when we introduced online learning to our traditional curriculum. We were ahead of the curve then—and we continue to innovate.
Prepare for Industry Certifications
An online Graphic Design Associate’s degree can help prepare you to sit for the Adobe® Certified Associate in Visual Communication in Photoshop® and the Adobe® Certified Associate in Digital Video Using Premiere Pro.5 Your portfolio just got stronger.
If you’re just starting out, or even if you have dabbled in design, our courses are tailored for you. And they’re structured to help get your career in gear as fast as possible.
Take the Faster Way to Work
Make the most of college credits you’ve already earned, whether at Rasmussen College or elsewhere, thanks to our seamless transfer policies.6 You can choose from numerous entry-point options.Request More Information
Set Yourself Up for an Online Graphic Design Bachelor’s Degree
Just because you're earning your online Graphic Design Associate's degree doesn't mean you can't be working toward a Bachelor's degree. All the credits you earn ladder up to the next level.
Tuition & Savings
Do the Math:
With four start dates a year and a total of 25 courses—each 11 weeks in length—full-time students can finish in as few as 18 months for as low as $28,785.3
$260 cost per full-time credit
x 91 total credits
$23,660 total tuition
+ $5,125 total fees
$28,785 full-time estimated total program cost
Other Ways to Save
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how our online Graphic Design programs are designed to be more affordable with Flex Choice, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, and corporate and military discounts for those who qualify. Find more about:
Get Credit for What You Know
Dedicated to Tuition Savings
Get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average).
In 2019, students transferred an average of 26 credits, saving them $7,810 to $9,110.2
Fit the Rest Into Your Life
You really don’t need to go very far to learn. Do it at your pace, where you work best.
Credit by Assessment
Take advantage of the experience that you already have. Your potential savings are over $5,000!7
Entrance requirements at Rasmussen College vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent. Our online Graphic Design programs are available in every state except Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/ooh/arts-and-design/graphic-designers.htm. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- 2019 Rasmussen College Credit Transfer Data, collected December 17, 2019. The average number of transfer credits will vary by student. Tuition savings information displayed here is based on the credit transfer data of incoming students who enrolled in a Rasmussen College program in 2019. Rasmussen College reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Estimated total program cost for a full-time student with no transfer of credit.
- Adobe®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Lightroom® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe® in the United States and/or other countries.
- Rasmussen College reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Savings calculated from students enrolled at Rasmussen College who utilized Flex Choice® Credit by Assessment, which were offered for no additional charge when taken concurrently with traditional courses from May 2014 to January 2018. When completed, assessments reduced the number of traditional courses students were required to complete as part of their program. From the launch of Flex Choice Credit by Assessment in May 2014 through January 2018, 8,297 courses have been completed. Calculation: 8,297 courses x 3.2 credits per course = 26,550 credits. Cost per credit $250 x 26,550 credits = $6,637,500 in savings in the last four years. Since January 2017, we’ve been charging $99 per attempt 10,280 attempts since January 2017 x $99 = $1,017,720 in revenue. $6,637,500 savings - $1,017,720 revenue = $5,619,780 saved.
- 2019 Graphic Design Associate’s and Bachelor’s Degrees Curriculum Design Summit included industry experts with approximately 200 years of design experience, collected November 20, 2019.
MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES is a trademark of Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball Limited Partnership.
AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY is a trademark of American Museum of Natural History
HORMELis a trademark of Hormel Foods, LLC.