In-Demand Skills and Industry Certifications
You’ll gain key skills in our online Cyber Security degree program using real-world tools, techniques and applications such as cryptography, Windows®, Linux®, Cisco®, VMware®; and Microsoft Azure.4 When teaching comes from those who have years of experience, learning feels vital and relevant. You’ll find immersive online cyber security courses led by passionate, industry-experienced instructors.
In our Cyber Security classes online, you'll prepare for industry cyber security certification exams, including Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+). Rasmussen University will reimburse you for up to three exam application fees.
Along with program-specific skills, students in all programs and at all credential levels learn six employer-valued transferable skills, or soft skills: critical thinking, digital fluency, information literacy, communication, diversity and teamwork, and ethics and professional responsibility.
All six skills are strategically embedded into your online Cyber Security Bachelor's degree program, further preparing you for your career. As a Cyber Security student, you'll thoroughly research industry standards in ethics and professional responsibility while completing forensic objectives, ensuring compliance with industry standards. Grow your communication skills as you demonstrate thorough use of audience-specific and influential tone to provide convincing security recommendations, including specific support for your chosen recommendations. Learn more about transferable skills.
Flex Choice®: Get Credit for What You Know
This Bachelor’s Completer degree program is available with Flex Choice self-directed assessment offerings, which allows you to blend traditional online courses with self-directed assessments that provide optional coaching assistance. Assessments provide more flexibility, and—at $99 per attempt—this is a more affordable way to receive credit for what you already know. For additional information, visit our Flex Choice page.
Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Online Bachelor's Degree
Companies in today’s digital economy understand that they can no longer ignore the importance of cyber security oversight. Rasmussen University understands that businesses need people to manage critical information, protect priceless data and be prepared for the unpredictable. Earning an online Cyber Security degree can help prepare you to enter this specialized area of technology armed with information security knowledge and investigative skills in as few as 18 months.1
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
- Flex Choice®
Students who embrace the role of modern-day forensics and are interested in the challenging role of safeguarding data and information against present-day cyber threats. Also ideal for students with an Associate's degree or previous college credits looking to advance their education and enhance their skills in technology and cyber security.
Prepares you for
Information assurance analyst, information security analyst, information security manager, information systems security analyst, information technology security analyst
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Designed with motivated learners like you in mind, our laddering approach to curriculum can help you get a head start on your online Cyber Security Bachelor's degree. If you start with a Certificate or Associate's degree, you can seamlessly transfer your credits toward your Bachelor’s degree. When you graduate from Rasmussen University, you earn more than just an online Bachelor’s degree—you earn every credential you’ve worked for. Credits simply ladder-up, one credential to the next, from Network Support Certificate to Network Systems Administration Associate's degree to Cyber Security Certificate (Administrative or Technical specialization) to Cyber Security Bachelor's degree.
The single panel infographic displays how Rasmussen University's Cyber Security program credentials stack together. The title of the graphic is, "Cyber Security Laddering". At the bottom of the stack is the Network Support Certificate, followed by Network Support Administrative Associate's degree, Cyber Security Certificate and, at the top and highlighted in blue, the Cyber Security Bachelor's degree.
Information Security Analysts
BLS Earnings Data:
- $57,810 10th Percentile
- $75,450 25th Percentile
- $99,730 50th Percentile
BLS Projected Growth 2018–2028:3
BLS Typical Entry-Level Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
"I got hold of a course catalog—Rasmussen was offering unique IT courses I had never seen offered before, and they really interested me."
Student, School of Technology
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292061.htm. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2019. Accessed by 7/15/2020. Data is for persons age 25 and older full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm