In-Demand Skills and Industry Certifications
In our online Cyber Security program, you’ll gain key skills using real-world tools, techniques and applications such as cryptography, Windows®, Linux®, Cisco®, VMware®; and Microsoft Azure.4 When teaching comes from those who have years of experience, learning feels vital and relevant. You’ll find immersive online Cyber Security courses led by passionate, industry-experienced instructors.
As you take your Cyber Security courses online, you'll prepare for industry cyber security certification exams, including Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+). Rasmussen University will reimburse you for up to three exam application fees.
Along with cyber security skills, students in all programs and at all credential levels learn six employer-valued transferable skills, or soft skills: critical thinking, digital fluency, information literacy, communication, diversity and teamwork, and ethics and professional responsibility.
All six skills are strategically embedded into your online Cyber Security Bachelor's degree program, further preparing you for your career. As a Cyber Security student, you'll thoroughly research industry standards in ethics and professional responsibility while completing forensic objectives, ensuring compliance with industry standards. Grow your communication skills as you demonstrate thorough use of audience-specific and influential tone to provide convincing security recommendations, including specific support for your chosen recommendations. Learn more about transferable skills.
Self Directed Assessments
Save time and money on your Computer Science Bachelor's Completer degree program with self-directed assessments. These $149 online, interactive assessments allow you to show that you already achieved the skills and knowledge for a particular course and don't need to take it. We'll provide prep materials, and you can work with a peer tutor to prepare at no additional cost. Learn more about self-directed assessments and other Knowledge Credit™ options.
Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Online Bachelor's Degree
Earning an online Cyber Security degree can help prepare you to enter this specialized area of technology armed with information security knowledge and investigative skills in as few as 18 months.1
Companies in today’s digital economy understand that they can no longer ignore the importance of cyber security oversight. Rasmussen University understands that businesses need people to manage critical information, protect priceless data and be prepared for the unpredictable.
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
Students who embrace the role of modern-day forensics and are interested in the challenging role of safeguarding data and information against present-day cyber threats. Also ideal for students with an Associate's degree or previous college credits looking to advance their education and enhance their skills in technology and cyber security.
Prepares you for
Information assurance analyst, information security analyst, information security manager, information systems security analyst, information technology security analyst
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Get a head start on your Cyber Security Bachelor’s degree with our laddering approach to curriculum designed with motivated learners like you in mind. If you start with a Certificate or Associate's degree, you can seamlessly transfer your credits toward your Cyber Security Bachelor’s degree. When you graduate from Rasmussen University, you earn more than an online Bachelor’s degree—you earn every credential you’ve worked for. Credits simply "ladder-up," one credential to the next, from Network Support Certificate to Network Systems Administration Associate's degree to Cyber Security Certificate (Administrative or Technical specialization) to Cyber Security Bachelor's degree.
The single panel infographic displays how Rasmussen University's Cyber Security program credentials stack together. The title of the graphic is, "Cyber Security Laddering". At the bottom of the stack is the Network Support Certificate, followed by Network Support Administrative Associate's degree, Cyber Security Certificate and, at the top and highlighted in blue, the Cyber Security Bachelor's degree.
Is a Cyber Security Degree Worth It? The Facts You Can’t Ignore
As our digital reliance grows, it’s no surprise that our digital information is at risk. Find out how an online Cyber Security degree from Rasmussen University can help you play a role in the world of information security.Read more
Information Security Analysts
BLS Earnings Data:
- $60,060 10th Percentile
- $78,440 25th Percentile
- $103,590 50th Percentile
BLS Projected Growth 2020–2030:3
BLS Typical Entry-Level Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
"I got hold of a course catalog—Rasmussen was offering unique IT courses I had never seen offered before, and they really interested me."
Student, School of Technology
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed October 6, 2021] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed October 6, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2020. Accessed on November 8, 2021. Data is for persons age 25 and older who are full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm
- Cisco is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
- CompTIA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, and CompTIA Server+ are registered trademarks of the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA).