- Must provide verification letter or copy of orders from their commander reflecting current status. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of recipient. Not eligible for other scholarships or grants. Excludes doctoral degree programs.
- Students cannot receive both corporate and military grants.
- Students with tuition rates at or lower than $248 per credit for full-time rates and $321 per credit for part-time rates are not eligible for any grants or scholarships offered by the University. Students enrolling in the Master of Science in Nursing degree programs on or after January 2, 2023, may be eligible for institutional grants regardless of program or course tuition rate provided they meet all other applicable terms and conditions for the grants. Students enrolled in the Nursing Post-Graduate Certificates in Nursing Education, Healthcare Technology, Simulations and Informatics or Nursing Leadership and Administration are not eligible for any grants or scholarships offered by the University.
- In order to qualify for the grant, all admission requirements must be completed. Retired military personnel must provide valid military retiree ID or DD 214 form. Authorized dependents must provide an actual or faxed copy of their dependent military ID card, which includes an expiration date.
Military Affiliated Benefits
Service Member, Reserve and National Guard, Veterans, and Their Families
It’s Our Turn to Serve You
Military service is a major commitment and honor, and Rasmussen University recognizes the sacrifices made by service members, veterans and their families. This population is faced with unique challenges in an already competitive job market. As a way to honor military service, we’ve designed programs that enhance the skills you already have and teach the skills you need to integrate seamlessly into the workforce. Utilize our 10% military grant, tuition grants or your GI Bill® education benefits to start the next chapter of your professional life. Students who are active-duty service members receive reduced tuition pricing of $167 per credit hour for all undergraduate and Master's degree programs.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Take me to:
Active Duty Tuition Pricing ($167/credit) and Military Tuition Grant (10% grant)
We are committed to helping the members who serve and have served in the United States Armed Forces along the path to graduation. Active duty service members receive reduced tuition pricing of $167 per credit.1 National Guard, Reserve, retired military and veterans enrolling in a degree, Diploma or Certificate program are eligible for a 10% tuition grant.23 Rasmussen University also extends the grant to eligible spouses and dependents of service members, retired military and veterans.4Estimate your tuition costs
We Support Our Troops
Utilize your GI Bill® benefits to help you earn a degree at Rasmussen University. We are aligned with the POST 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), Montgomery GI Bill®–Active Duty Program (Chapter 30), Montgomery GI Bill®–Select Reserve Program–(Chapter 1606), Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) Chapter 35, and Veterans Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Chapter 31. These VA-administered programs provide a variety of benefits for those who qualify. For more information, visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Veteran Readiness and Employment Service
Through the Veteran Readiness and Employment Service (Chapter 31), the VA may assist you in receiving employment services, and education and career counseling to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development and job seeking skills coaching. For more information, visit the Veteran Readiness and Employment Service (VR&E) page.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon Program provides assistance to veterans with 100% eligibility of Ch 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® whose cost of tuition and fees exceeded the annual cap. Some degree programs may be subject to a maximum tuition and fee reimbursement amount per academic year from the Yellow Ribbon Program. Service members and their spouses are not eligible for this program. Child transferees of service members may be eligible if the service member is qualified at the 100% rate. For more information, visit the Yellow Ribbon Program page.
Medical Education Training Campus (METC) Bridge Programs
We value your military service. That's why we've partnered with METC to provide a pathway that is flexible and helps you finish faster by recognizing your military training to maximize your credits and reduce your overall costs. Increase your job growth potential by bridging the path between your experience as a medic specialist and a Medical Assisting Diploma, Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN), Practical Nursing Diploma or Healthcare/Health Sciences Associate's degree.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program
At Rasmussen University, we value the sacrifices military spouses make as they support members of our nation’s armed forces. We know the challenges military spouses face as they seek educational opportunities to further their professional lives. That’s why we accept military scholarships through MyCAA, a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses, assisting them in pursuing licenses, certifications or associate degrees necessary to gain employment in specific career fields.
"I found that Rasmussen [University] provided the flexibility I knew I needed. The Nursing courses fit around my busy work schedule. My professors are straightforward and they understand that the majority of us are returning adult students; we have lives outside of school and bring previous work and life experiences to the table."
Army Veteran and Professional Nursing Student
Education Built for You
Our programs are designed for students who have jobs, who support families and who serve in our military. Save time and money with Knowledge Credit™ options. Empowered Learning™ puts you in the driver's seat of your online Bachelor's and Master's degree courses.
Save time and money with Knowledge Credit®:
- Transfer in college-level credit
- Gain credit for military training or professional certifications that align with your program
- Take $149 self-directed assessments to show that you already achieved the skills for a particular course and don't need to take it
Your online courses may be built in Empowered Learning®, which puts you in the driver's seat and allows you to:
- Access online courses anytime, from almost anywhere
- Go faster when you can, and slower when you need to
- Create real-world projects that demonstrate your new knowledge
- Learn at your pace while staying connected with faculty and peers
"Rasmussen [University] has a team specifically dedicated to managing military education benefits and assist service member students with their benefit and financial questions. As a daughter of two veterans, I feel serving those that have served our country is my way of saying thank you every day."
From the Front Lines to the Line at Graduation: Professional Nursing Alumna Carves Her Path
“The military teaches you resilience and that things are always subject to change. It set me up to be successful in college and push through difficult times.” —Shannon Bagardo, Professional Nursing GraduateRead more
Start Your Next Step as a Student
Contact a Military Specialist
Have questions or need assistance with your military education benefits? You can request a military education benefits guide or contact a military specialist by calling toll-free at 1-866-245-9627 or through email.
Contact an Admissions Advisor
To answer questions related to our transfer policy, tuition, financial aid and enrollment process, speak with an admissions advisor today.
"Military students have a different mentality when it comes to school and responsibility. Our military students are often seen as good examples and role models in the classroom. And we try to go above and beyond for our veteran students in terms of resources."