Prep for Industry Certifications
As an online Software Development student, you'll develop skills in project-based courses and learn how to securely code with the most in-demand programming languages and databases, including C++, C#, Java® and SQL databases. Through career-focused online software development courses and curriculum, you’ll be given the tools to enhance your professional resume and prepare for certifications from industry leaders, which are highly valued by employers.
Online Courses Go Where You Go
Flexible and affordable, online courses are designed to give you more control and balance over your busy schedule. Learn through live interactive sessions with faculty and peers, real-world projects and virtual labs. You'll receive continued support from admissions advisors, experienced faculty, library and learning resources, experienced tutors, 24/7 tech support, personal students advisors and career services.
Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Flex Choice®: Get Credit for What You Know
This Associate's degree is available with Flex Choice self-directed assessment offerings, which allows you to blend traditional online courses with self-directed assessments that provide optional coaching assistance. Assessments provide more flexibility, and—at $99 per attempt—this is a more affordable way to receive credit for what you already know. For additional information, visit our Flex Choice page.
Software Application Development
Online Associate's Degree
In as few as 18 months, you can get closer to your goals of pursuing an in-demand career designing, testing and building software by earning an online Associate’s degree in Software Application Development.1 You’ll use multiple languages, databases and software development tools, such as C++, Java and SQL—and gain skills in Microsoft® Azure, cloud computing, systems integration and principles of systems integration.
Software Application Development
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
- Flex Choice®
Students looking to acquire new or additional programming skills and pursue a career in software applications. Students interested in starting their portfolio in software and advancing toward a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Data Analytics.
Prepares you for
Computer systems analyst, programmer analyst, applications developer, software developer
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292061.htm. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2019. Accessed by 7/15/2020. Data is for persons age 25 and older full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm