- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- The state of Minnesota requires a residential practicum.
- Graduates of this program meet the educational requirements needed to apply for a Pharmacy Technician license or registration from the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WV, WI, WY. Other eligibility requirements may apply. Please check with the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in your state of residence. This program may not meet the educational requirements needed to apply for a Pharmacy Technician license or registration in states not listed above. Please check with the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in your state of residence for further information.
- The application fee for each qualified student’s first exam attempt is included in the total program costs. Should you need to take the exam more than once to receive a passing score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, https://www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, , [career information accessed May 30, 2018] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary. , [salary data accessed May 30, 2018]
Be on your way to becoming a crucial player in a growing healthcare field in as few as nine months with our Pharmacy Technician Certificate.1 Experienced instructors deliver a skills-based curriculum, and our virtual or workplace practicum allows you to rehearse real-life scenarios that give you career confidence on day one.2 Through career-focused curriculum and convenient, online Pharmacy Technician classes, you'll be learning a variety of essential skills, from the composition of commonly prescribed medications and typical drugs used for many common diseases to how to receive, interpret and fill prescriptions.
Preparation for the PTCE
Our curriculum is designed to prepare you for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam in each aspect of your coursework, giving you the expertise and confidence to succeed. Plus, the exam fee is included in your total program costs.3
Online Courses Go Where You Go
We applaud your dedication to grow despite your busy life. Our online learning options were designed to give you more control and balance over your schedule.
Seamless Credit Transfers
When it’s time to advance your career even further, you can seamlessly transfer your Pharmacy Technician program credits to earn a Healthcare Associate's degree, or Health Sciences Associate’s degree if you live in Illinois, with a Pharmacy Technician specialization.
Rasmussen College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
- Field Experience
Students with attention to detail and a focus in ethics looking to enter the healthcare field and pursue a successful, fulfilling career as a pharmacy technician with foundational knowledge about the field.
Prepares you for
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
5 Key Pharmacy Technician Duties You Can Expect On the Job
Pharmacy technicians play an important role in ensuring patient safety. Learn more about a few of the standard pharmacy technician requirements and duties to get a better understanding of the profession so you can decide if it’s the right career for you.
Turn Your Education into a Career
We’ve made advancing your pharmacy technician career even easier by offering pharmacy technician training and classes that fit into a busy working schedule. Our program also prepares you to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam in each aspect of your coursework, giving you the pharmacy technician certification prep, expertise and confidence to perform well. The exam fee is included in your total program costs.4 When you’re ready to further your education, you can seamlessly transfer your Pharmacy Technician Certificate credits toward a Healthcare Associate’s degree specializing in Medical Administrative Assistant, or a Health Sciences degree if you live in Illinois, which you can earn in as few as nine months.1
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), earning a degree, regardless of the field of study, can improve income potential.5 Here is an example of where a Pharmacy Technician Certificate can take you.