Preparation for Industry Certification Exams
Upon graduation of your Pharmacy Technician classes, you will be prepared and can apply to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination® (PTCE®) or the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT), both highly valued by employers and included in your total program costs.4
Online Courses Go Where You Go
Flexible and affordable, online courses are designed to give you more control and balance over your busy schedule. Learn through live interactive sessions with faculty and peers, real-world projects and virtual labs. You'll receive continued support from admissions advisors, experienced faculty, library and learning resources, experienced tutors, 24/7 tech support, personal students advisors and career services.
Seamless Credit Transfers
When it’s time to advance your career even further, you can seamlessly transfer your Pharmacy Technician program credits to earn a Healthcare Associate's degree, or Health Sciences Associate’s degree if you live in Illinois, with a Pharmacy Technician specialization.
Rasmussen College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Be on your way to becoming a crucial player in a growing healthcare field in as few as nine months with our Pharmacy Technician Certificate.1 Experienced instructors deliver a skills-based curriculum, and our virtual or workplace practicum allows you to rehearse real-life scenarios that give you career confidence on day one.2 Through career-focused curriculum and convenient, online Pharmacy Technician classes, you'll be learning a variety of essential skills, from the composition of commonly prescribed medications and typical drugs used for many common diseases to how to receive, interpret and fill prescriptions.
Pharmacy Technician Credentials Offered
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
- Field Experience
Students with attention to detail and a focus in ethics looking to enter the healthcare field and pursue a successful, fulfilling career as a pharmacy technician with foundational knowledge about the field.
Prepares you for
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Turn Your Pharmacy Technician Education into a Career
We’ve made advancing your pharmacy technician education even easier by offering pharmacy technician training and classes that fit into a busy working schedule. Our program also prepares you to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam in each aspect of your coursework, giving you the pharmacy technician certification prep, expertise and confidence to perform well. Upon graduation of your Pharmacy Technician courses, you will be prepared and can apply to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination® (PTCE®) or the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT), both highly valued by employers and included in your total program costs.4
When you’re ready to further your education, you can seamlessly transfer your Pharmacy Technician Certificate credits toward a Healthcare Associate’s degree specializing in Pharmacy Technician, or a Health Sciences degree if you live in Illinois, which you can earn in as few as nine months.1,3
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), earning a degree, regardless of the field of study, can improve income potential.5 Here is an example of where a Pharmacy Technician Certificate can take you.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- The state of Minnesota requires a residential practicum.
- Graduates of this program meet the educational requirements needed to apply for a Pharmacy Technician license or registration from the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WI and WY. Other eligibility requirements may apply. Please check with the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in your state of residence. This program may not meet the educational requirements needed to apply for a Pharmacy Technician license or registration in states not listed above. Please check with the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in your state of residence for further information.
- Rasmussen College will reimburse the application fee for each qualified student’s first attempt of one of the following industry certification exams: Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination® (PTCE®) or Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT). Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2019] https://www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 30, 2018] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.