If you’ve got a mind for medicine and a heart for healing, a Medical Assisting Diploma could be just the beginning of a long and successful career in healthcare. As a Medical Assisting student, you’ll learn critical, direct patient care, such as how to perform routine diagnostic procedures, record vitals and administer medications and first aid. Even more importantly, you’ll learn to connect with your patients. In as few as 12 months (or as few as 9 months for Overland Park/Kansas City students), you will be equipped with exceptional skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of your patients and move forward in your medical assisting career.1
A New Way for Our Overland Park Campus Students to Earn a Diploma
Our Overland Park/Kansas City campus is the first campus-based, competency-based education (CBE) Medical Assisting Diploma program in the nation—and our students can earn their Diploma at $3,500 per 3-month term. CBE levels the playing field by making it easier and more affordable to go back to school or get a degree in the first place. Through this innovative style of learning, students are empowered to progress through the program at their own pace by demonstrating their skills, allowing them to speed through what they already know—such as medical software or drawing blood—and slow down to focus on new material. With subscription pricing, students have the freedom to take as many or as few classes as is comfortable, based on their schedule, and finish the program in as few as 9 months.
Control Your Cost with Subscription-Based Pricing
Ideal for Kansas City/Overland Park students motivated to move quickly and maximize savings. Pay $3,500 per three-month term and complete as many courses as you want in each term.
Finish in 3 terms for $10,500
Finish in 4 terms for $14,000
Regional and Programmatic Accreditation
Rasmussen College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Learn more about programmatic accreditation and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
CMA or RMA Certification
Our Medical Assisting program gives you the opportunity to confidently sit for the Medical Assisting CMA or RMA certification exam.5 The exam is less daunting when you've been living the material, not just studying it. That's why we believe in hands-on medical assistant training and preparation from the start. Plus, the exam fee is included in the total program costs.
Blend of On-Campus & Online Courses
The curriculum is offered through a blend of on-campus and online courses, through which you’ll gain a solid understanding of the healthcare industry.
Seamless Credit Transfers
When it’s time to advance your career even further, you can seamlessly transfer your Medical Assisting Diploma credits to earn a Healthcare Associate’s degree, or Health Sciences Associate's degree if you live in Illinois, with a Medical Assisting specialization.
Medical Assisting Credentials Offered
Finish in as few as
12 months (or 9 months for Overland Park/Kansas City students)1
- On-Campus and Online Classes
- Field Experience
Students looking to pursue a fulfilling career in medical assisting with well-rounded knowledge about the field. Also ideal for students interested in the opportunity to advance their education with a Healthcare or Health Sciences Associate's degree with a specialization in Medical Assisting.
Prepares you for
Medical assistant, medical office administrative assistant
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Turn Your Medical Assisting Education Into a Career
We’ve made advancing your medical assistant career even easier by offering Medical Assisting classes and credentials that fit into a busy working schedule. When you’re ready to further your education, you can seamlessly transfer your Medical Assisting Diploma online and on-campus credits toward a Healthcare Associate’s degree specializing in Medical Assisting, or a Health Sciences degree if you live in Illinois, which you can earn in as few as nine months. As you advance your career, you may also be able to transfer your credits and pursue our Bachelor’s degree in Health and Wellness. Our Medical Assisting Diploma program also prepares you to take one of the industry standards in medical assisting certification, the CMA or RMA exam, which enhances your resume and helps you move forward in the field. The exam fee is included in the total program costs.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), earning a degree, regardless of the field of study, can improve income potential. Here is an example of where a Medical Assisting Diploma can take you.
Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
The Medical Assisting Diploma programs at the Aurora/Naperville, Rockford and Romeoville/Joliet campuses in Illinois; the Fort Myers, Ocala, New Port Richey/West Pasco and Tampa/Brandon campuses in Florida; the Green Bay and Wausau campuses in Wisconsin; and the Blaine, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park/Maple Grove, Eagan, Lake Elmo, Mankato and St. Cloud campuses in Minnesota are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
7777 Leesburg Pike
North Falls Church, VA 22043
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- The application fee for each qualified student’s first exam attempt is included in the total program costs. Should you need to take the exam more than once to receive a passing score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Contact an admissions advisor to determine the best exam option for you.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2019] https://www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 30, 2018] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term. The cost displayed on this page excludes the book fees required in this program which total $360. See the Rasmussen College catalog or tuition estimator for additional information regarding books.
- Graduates of our programmatically-accredited programs can sit for the CMA or RMA exam; graduates of our non-programmatically-accredited programs can sit for the RMA exam. Visit the accreditation page for full details regarding programmatic accreditation.