Develop highly valued leadership and critical-thinking skills with an online Healthcare Administration degree. Through innovative online MHA curriculum, you’ll gain the practical experiences needed for effective decision-making and be able to implement best practices for outstanding healthcare delivery. This will benefit you as you prepare to take on more challenging and strategic roles such as a hospital administrator, clinical director, health services manager or practice manager.4 This Master's in Healthcare Administration is a Flex Choice® competency-based education program. The unique design of its courses allows you to show what you know as soon as you know it.
Take me to:
What Will I Be Prepared to Do When I’m Done?
Help Advance Your Career in Healthcare
Upon graduation of the MHA program, you will be able to utilize the highly valued leadership and critical-thinking skills employers seek and advance your career in healthcare.
Become a Leader in Your Organization
Equipped with advanced skills and knowledge of the business of healthcare, you will be able to expand your impact as a healthcare leader and implement best practices for outstanding healthcare delivery.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the projected job growth potential between 2018 and 2028 for medical and health services manager is 18%.3 An MHA degree from Rasmussen College can help set you up for success in this growing field.
What Skills Will I Gain?
Healthcare Leadership and Critical Thinking
Develop change management, teamwork, negotiation and motivational skills for increased ability to successfully navigate challenges in fast-paced, demanding workplaces.
Leveraging Healthcare Technologies
Keep pace with the constantly changing influences on healthcare delivery across patient experience, quality management and process improvement.
Strategic Planning and Decision-Making
Leverage data and technology to design and implement strategic plans for organization change in alignment with the large market forces and trends driving services, quality of patient care and costs.
Critically evaluate healthcare data from multiple sources to determine patterns of actionable information for disease management. Learn to plan for high-demand services on population health and the patient experience.
What Types of Classes Will I Take?
- HSA 5200
- 4 Credits
- HSA 6000
- 4 Credits
- HSA 6200
- 4 Credits
Healthcare Policy, Ethics and Laws
Presents a comprehensive view of ethics and laws as they pertain to the development of health policy. Examines the fundamentals of the various principles of healthcare law and the manner in which those principles intersect with ethics and health policy. Offers students an opportunity to evaluate critical factors that influence policy decisions and reform efforts.
Healthcare Information Systems and Technology
Studies how health information technologies, systems and applications assist healthcare organizations and their leaders in the execution of clinical and organizational strategies. Examines how these complex information systems and analytics help decision makers to improve patient care outcomes and business performance.
Healthcare Quality Management
Provides a foundation in the history of quality management and the continuing effects quality plays in healthcare administration. Develops the ability to critically evaluate diverse healthcare populations using quality improvement models and strategies.
12 Courses to Complete
48 Credit Hours
What Should I Know Before I Enroll?
To be considered for admission, students must hold a conferred Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education with a 2.75 cumulative GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with a GPA of 2.5 (no rounding) to 2.74 may request an exception to the minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA requirement through submission of a personal statement in the form of a written essay.
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with Flex Choice® learning options, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities and corporate and military discounts for those who qualify.
Where Can I Find an Online MHA Program Near Me?
At Rasmussen College, we want our courses to be available on your schedule, not the other way around. Select programs are available for enrollment through a specific campus and nationally online, but students complete the courses online and are able to utilize online and on-campus support and resources. See below to find out where you can find an online Healthcare Administration program near you.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292061.htm. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 1, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Some positions may require additional credentials.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2019. Accessed by 7/15/2020. Data is for persons age 25 and older full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm