- Regional and Programmatic Accreditation
Blend of On-Campus & Online Courses
The curriculum is offered through a blend of on-campus and online courses, through which you’ll gain a solid understanding of the healthcare industry.
Comprehensive Exam Prep
Upon graduation, students are prepared to take a national surgical tech certification exam to add to your professional credentials at no additional cost.2
Flex Choice®: Get Credit for What You Know
This Associate's degree is available with Flex Choice self-directed assessment offerings, which allows you to blend traditional online courses with self-directed assessments that provide optional coaching assistance. Assessments provide more flexibility, and—at $99 per attempt—this is a more affordable way to receive credit for what you already know. For additional information, visit our Flex Choice page.
Learn to professionally carry out common operating room procedures and handle high-pressure situations as a valuable member of a surgical team. You’ll be trained in four focused skills areas of surgical technology: preparing operating rooms, assisting surgeons during surgery, sterilization techniques and compassionate patient care. In as few as 21 months, you can earn a Surgical Technologist Associate’s degree, which provides hands-on training in surgical suite labs to help prepare you for a fulfilling career.1
Finish in as few as
- On-Campus and Online Classes
- Field Experience
- Flex Choice® (Optional)
For those with an interest in helping patients by working in a laboratory or operating room. Students looking for a successful career in surgical technology and advancement with well-rounded knowledge about the field.
Prepares you for
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
The Surgical Technologist AAS Program at the Brooklyn Park/Maple Grove, Moorhead and St. Cloud, Minnesota, campuses and the Rockford and Romeoville/Joliet, Illinois, campuses is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP.org) on the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA). The Surgical Technologist AAS Program at the Central Pasco, Florida, campus is not currently accredited, but students are eligible to prepare and take the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) Tech in Surgery – Certified TS-C exam at no additional cost.2
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
9355 113th Street N, Suite 7709
Seminole, FL 33775
"As an educator, I thrive on watching my students’ progress through the program. Before my very eyes they transform from students into professional surgical technologists. It is a feeling of pride and joy I can’t describe."
Surgical Technologist Graduate & Program Coordinator
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- The application fee for each qualified student’s first exam attempt is included in the total program costs. Should you need to take the exam more than once to receive a passing score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes292061.htm. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.