Become a well-rounded numbers expert at Rasmussen University with an online Accounting degree. Through our flexible and competitively priced Accounting courses online, you’ll gain experience with industry software to help you better manage finances and prepare for work in private, public and nonprofit accounting. With hands-on accounting training and curriculum, our online Accounting program focuses on teaching you the accounting skills demanded most by employers—including managerial accounting, financial reporting, account reconciliation, payroll and bookkeeping.
Wherever you are in your higher education journey, we want to reward your hard work along the way. If you already have your Associate’s degree, you can transfer those credits toward earning a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. If you don’t currently have a degree, you’ll first enroll in our Accounting Associate’s degree program and then smoothly transition into your Accounting Bachelor’s degree online.
Plus, with our accelerated Master's pathway, you can take one MBA course as part of your Accounting Bachelor’s degree. Get a head start on your Master’s at no extra tuition cost. You’ll gain advanced knowledge and skills without committing to grad school right now. And if you decide to complete your MBA, you can save up to $825 and be ready to enter the workforce with a higher level of education and the confidence that goes with it.7
Take me to:
What Will I Be Prepared to Do When I’m Done?
Prepare for the Certification Exam
To enhance your resume even further, our online Accounting courses prepare you to take the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam, which is valued by employers.2
Help Move Your Career Forward
You can feel confident advancing your accounting career in the competitive accounting industry with a complete portfolio demonstrating skills and examples of student work in order to enhance your resume. You can also help create value across your organization by contributing to a diverse team.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the projected job growth potential between 2020 and 2030 for Accountants and Auditors is 7%.3 An Accounting degree from Rasmussen University can help set you up for success in this growing field.
Take the Next Step—Talk to Us!
What Skills Will I Gain?
Standard and Advanced Accounting Skills
Establish yourself as an asset in the accounting industry with valuable insight on managing the finances of small businesses, corporate offices and financial institutions.
Help Make Business Decisions
Develop, implement and evaluate strategic plans using budgeting, financing and forecasting models.
Industry Software Training
Critical-Thinking and Communication Skills
Develop vital critical-thinking abilities to help you better manage financials and utilize methods of accounting principles, as well as hone the communication skills you need to work in a variety of situations.
What Types of Classes Will I Take?
- 4 Credits
- ACG 4402
- 4 Credits
- 4 Credits
Advanced Auditing Concepts and Standards
A study of the standards and procedures, and an integration of professional ethics within the Accounting discipline. Emphasis on analytical thinking, evolution of business risk and internal control practices. Also, a thorough study of Sarbanes-Oxley and other relevant laws and regulations.
Accounting Information Systems
Further develops an understanding of the elements, relationships and control issues associated with manual and computerized accounting information systems. Practical application using spreadsheets, databases and general ledger software.
Corporate and International Accounting
Builds on intermediate financial reporting concepts and explores advanced principles, processes and procedures related to interim and segment reporting, leases and taxes.
24 Courses to Complete
90 Credit Hours
Estimate Your Tuition
Rasmussen University is committed to making education more affordable for all students. Our tuition estimating tool can help you visualize the cost of your degree and see what savings opportunities are available to help you achieve it.
What Should I Know Before I Enroll?
To be considered for admission, students must hold a conferred Associate’s degree from an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education, or students must have successfully completed 60 quarter or 40 semester credits with a grade of C or higher.
We believe in giving credit where it’s due. You can get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average). Talk to an admissions advisor today, or explore our Transfer Policy page for our seamless credit policies designed to maximize credits, potentially save money and expedite graduation.
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with self-directed assessments, credit for prior learning, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, corporate grants and military discounts for those who qualify.
Where Can I Find an Online Accounting Program Near Me?
At Rasmussen University, we want our courses to be available on your schedule, not the other way around. Select programs are available for enrollment through a specific campus and nationally online, but students complete the courses online and are able to utilize online and on-campus support and resources. See below to find out where you can find an online Accounting program near you.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- This program is not designed to prepare graduates for any state-issued professional license or certification. This program does not meet all educational prerequisites for licensure as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in any state. Each state determines its own requirements for licensure as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). In addition to other requirements, most states require a bachelor’s degree and no fewer than 225 quarter credits (150 semester credits) of university coursework, specific in-field experience, and passage of the CPA licensing exam. Additional examination eligibility and licensure requirements exist. Please consult with your state’s board of accountancy or equivalent oversight agency for further details, as requirements may change at any time. This program has not been approved by any state board of accountancy or other professional licensing agency.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed March 31, 2022] www.bls.gov/ooh/. "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2020-2030). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Excel is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc.
- QuickBooks is a trademark and service mark of Intuit Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
- Time and cost savings depend on the eligible student enrolling and completing both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at Rasmussen University through the accelerated Master’s pathway program. Program availability varies by campus and state, please see the Rasmussen University catalog for details.
- Number of eligible courses varies by program. Time and cost savings depend on the eligible student enrolling in and completing both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at Rasmussen University through the accelerated Master’s pathway. Completion time is dependent on transfer credits and the number of courses completed each term. Please speak to an admissions advisor for details.