Finish your degree in as few as 18 months.1
Rasmussen University is backed by over 120 years of experience as a Business school.
Take me to:
Through interactive curriculum and practical, hands-on experience, you can advance sought-after leadership and policy management skills with a Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Management. Combine those core skills with the transferable skills, or soft skills, you need to feel confident in front of employers.
Healthcare Management Degree (with No Specialization)
- An interest in becoming an efficient leader across a wide range of healthcare organizations
- Readiness to take on more leadership responsibilities
- How to manage people, projects and policies within the healthcare industry
- How to develop and manage departmental budgets
- Healthcare law and ethics
- Quality Improvement in Healthcare // HSA 3383 // 3 Credits
- Focuses on the relationship between healthcare quality, organizational performance and the role of governing bodies in healthcare organizations.
- Healthcare Operations Management // HSA 4110 // 4 Credits
- Examines the operations of managing people, IT, materials and healthcare facilities.
- International Healthcare // HSA 4124 // 4 Credits
- Compares and contrasts foreign healthcare services and systems.
Public Health Specialization
- An interest in corporate and community health and wellness
- A passion for helping others in a non-clinical setting
- Health, wellness and disease education
- Barriers to healthcare, patient rights, health disparities and advocacy
- Building bridges between public health and other industries
- Health Education and Training // HSC 3371 // 4 Credits
- Examines health and wellness education to support wellness and prevention.
- Healthcare Advocacy // HSC 3485 // 4 Credits
- Develops skills to act as a healthcare advocate for patients, diverse clients and special populations across the life span.
- Epidemiology // HSC 4500 // 4 Credits
- Studies the patterns and causes of diseases in populations and how they are documented and evaluated to determine causes.
Learn on Your Terms
Keep working while you get your degree with 100% online courses, eight start dates a year and a support team available evenings and weekends.
Finish Faster & Stronger
Seamless transfer policies, tuition savings opportunities and more—earn your Healthcare Management Bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months.
Grow as a well-rounded leader and come up to speed in emerging trends through realistic scenarios and project-based scenarios.
Get Credit for What You Know
Get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average).
Education Built for Working Adults
On the go or at home, you can learn at your pace, wherever you work best.
Competency-Based Education (CBE)
Already have experience? Show what you know and move through your courses faster.
Do the Math:
With eight start dates a year and a total of 23 courses—full-time students can finish in as few as 18 months for $25,325.1
$229 cost per full-time credit
x 90 total credits
$20,610 total full-time tuition
+ $4,715 total fees
$25,325 full-time estimated total program cost
Other Ways to Save
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how our online Healthcare Management program is designed to be more affordable with Flex Choice®, including competency-based education (CBE), credit by assessment offerings and transfer credits, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, and military discounts for those who qualify. Find more about:
Entrance requirements at Rasmussen University vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent. To be considered for admission to the Bachelor-Completer Entrance Option, students must hold a conferred Associate’s degree from an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education, or students must have successfully completed 90 quarter or 60 semester credits with a grade of C or higher. If you don’t meet these requirements, we may have other options. Contact an admissions advisor for more information. This program is available in every state except Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island.
Online by Design
Not all online education experiences are going to be equal. What does a quality education look like?Learn more about our online degrees
Competency-Based Education (CBE)
More flexible than traditional courses, CBE prioritizes learning over time to give you greater control.Find out more about CBE
Support to Make It Work
From 24/7 tech support and career services to library and learning services with over 400,000 ebooks and electronic reference materials, we’re dedicated to a robust learning community.Read more about student resources
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Time and cost savings depend on the eligible student enrolling and completing both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at Rasmussen University through the accelerated Master’s pathway program. The Master of Public Health degree program is not available to residents of CA, CT, IL, NY, and RI. Please speak to an admissions advisor for details.
- To be considered for admission, students must hold a conferred Associate’s degree from an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education, or students must have successfully completed 60 quarter or 40 semester credits with a grade of C or higher. If you don’t meet these requirements, we may have other options. Contact an admissions advisor for more information.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed June 10, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed June 10, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- To be considered for admission, students must hold a conferred Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with a GPA of 2.8 (no rounding) to 2.99 may request an exception to the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement through submission of a personal statement in the form of a written essay. Instructions and a scoring rubric for submitting a request for an exception may be obtained from the admissions advisor. The decision of the scoring committee will be final. In addition to meeting all other admissions requirements, students must successfully complete and pass a criminal background check. No GRE is required.
- Project Management Professional and PMP are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Certified Associate in Project Management and CAPM are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Savings calculated from students enrolled at Rasmussen University who utilized Flex Choice® Credit by Assessment, which were offered for no additional charge when taken concurrently with traditional courses from May 2014 to January 2018. When completed, assessments reduced the number of traditional courses students were required to complete as part of their program. From the launch of Flex Choice Credit by Assessment in May 2014 through January 2018, 8,297 courses have been completed. Calculation: 8,297 courses x 3.2 credits per course = 26,550 credits. Cost per credit $250 x 26,550 credits = $6,637,500 in savings in the last four years. Since January 2017, we’ve been charging $99 per attempt 10,280 attempts since January 2017 x $99 = $1,017,720 in revenue. $6,637,500 savings - $1,017,720 revenue = $5,619,780 saved.
- Rasmussen University reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Completion time is dependent on the number of courses completed each term.
- Estimated total program cost for a full-time student. Rasmussen University defines transfer credit as previously earned college credit at an accredited two- or four-year college/university after graduating from high school. Bachelor completer programs assume at least 90 transfer credits or a conferred degree.
- Time and cost savings depend on the eligible student enrolling and completing both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at Rasmussen University through the accelerated Master’s pathway program. Program availability varies by campus and state, please see the Rasmussen University catalog for details.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 1, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. Employment conditions in your area may vary.