Whether you’re just getting started in accounting or you want to add new or advanced knowledge to your skill set, an online Accounting Certificate is a great way to start. Through Rasmussen University’s flexible and competitively priced online Accounting Certificate courses, you’ll learn to prepare tax returns and financial statements, as well as how to use accounting computer applications. This Accounting Certificate online program is available with self-directed assessments. These $99 online, interactive assessments allow you to prove that you already have the knowledge for a particular course and don't need to take it.
Take me to:
Advance Your Education
Whether this is the first step on your path to an Accounting career or you're currently working and ready to advance your credentials, we've made it easy. Our program is designed so credits simply ladder-up, one to the next, Certificate to Associate's to Bachelor's.
Help Move Your Career Forward
Our graduates feel confident advancing their careers in business with their assembled job-seeking portfolio including examples of student work.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the yearly projected job growth potential between 2019 and 2029 for Billing and Posting Clerks is 2%.6 An Accounting Certificate from Rasmussen University can help set you up for success in this growing field.
Standard Accounting Skills
Establish yourself as an asset in the accounting industry with helpful insights on accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledgers.
Proficiently utilize applications and common accounting functions through the use of a computer.
Effectively communicate financial insights for audiences in diverse workplace communities and disciplines.
Valuable Accounting Concepts
Prepare tax returns and financial statements. Understand financial and managerial accounting concepts as related to the business environment.
- ACG 1022
- 4 Credits
- APA 1500
- 4 Credits
- TAX 2002
- 4 Credits
Financial Accounting I
Defines accounting objectives and their relation to business. Teaches fundamental principles of bookkeeping. Introduces the trial balance, working papers, financial statements and completing an accounting cycle.
Focus is on computing and paying of wages and salaries, social security taxes and benefits, federal and state employment insurance and taxes and payroll accounting systems and records.
Provides knowledge of the rights, options and requirements in filing returns for the individual and small business.
12 Courses to Complete
36 Credit Hours
Entrance requirements at the Rasmussen University School of Business vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
We believe in giving credit where it’s due. You can get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average). Talk to an admissions advisor today, or explore our Transfer Policy page for our seamless credit policies designed to maximize credits, potentially save money and expedite graduation.
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with self-directed assessments, credit for prior learning, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, and corporate and military discounts for those who qualify.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed July 7, 2021] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed July 7, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- QuickBooks is a trademark and service mark of Intuit Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
- Excel is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc.
- Time and cost savings depend on the eligible student enrolling and completing both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at Rasmussen University through the accelerated Master’s pathway program. Program availability varies by campus and state, please see the Rasmussen University catalog for details.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed July 7, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2019-2029). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement. Employment conditions in your area may vary.