Reach Your Potential in a Growing Field
A fact that should compute: Computer science skills are central to virtually every industry. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, software developer jobs from 2019–2029 are projected to grow much faster than average—at 22% versus 4% average for all jobs.2 This means that earning your CS degree can help you pursue growth and advancement in a career that’s vital to the economy. And we continually review our Computer Science degree program to make sure you stay relevant with this fast-changing industry.
Online Courses Go Where You Go
Flexible and affordable, online courses are designed to give you more control and balance over your busy schedule. Learn through live interactive sessions with faculty and peers, real-world projects and virtual labs. You'll receive continued support from admissions advisors, experienced faculty, library and learning resources, experienced tutors, 24/7 tech support, personal students advisors and career services.
Self-Directed Assessments & Empowered Learning™
The online Computer Science program is available with $99 self-directed assessments, which allow you to show that you already have the skills in a particular course and don’t need to take it. Save time and money with self-directed assessments and other Knowledge Credit™ options.
Our Computer Science program is also available with Empowered Learning™, which means you can:
- Access courses anytime, from almost anywhere
- Go faster when you can, and slower when you need to
- Create real-world projects that prove your new knowledge
- Stay connected with faculty and peers in live sessions
For additional information, visit our Empowered Learning page.
Our online Computer Science degree program curriculum is designed to help prepare you to sit for the Java Foundations 1Z0-811 and Database Foundations 1Z0-006 certification exams. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available, and will even reimburse you for your application fee.3,4
Online Bachelor’s Degree
Our online Computer Science degree is designed with your career in mind. In as few as 18 months, you’ll be ready to exercise computer science skills that employers are looking for, from programming languages and software engineering to algorithm and data analysis.1 With an online Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), you’ll be a master of in-demand skills and technologies like SQL, advanced Java, quality assurance in software development, big data, e-commerce, cloud computing and web analytics that are projected to be in high demand by employers.4 This online CS degree program was designed and reviewed by experts with more than 200 years of combined experience from cutting-edge companies, including Intel, Kennedy Space Center, Lockheed Martin, SharePoint, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), National Geospatial Technology Center, Capgemini and more. You’ll complete your Computer Science degree all online—turning your personal goal of earning a degree into reality.
Along with program-specific skills, you’ll also develop essential soft skills including communication, critical thinking and information literacy, to be career-ready and a strong, well-rounded leader in your field.
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
- Empowered Learning™
Students with previous college credits who are interested in gaining skills in demand by employers today, including cloud computing, big data, e-commerce, data analytics, SQL, Java, web analytics and quality assurance in software engineering.
Prepares you for
Software developer, software systems developer, software development engineer, Java developer, computer programmer, e-commerce developer, software applications developer, developer
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
What Can You Do with a Computer Science Degree?
Graduates with an online Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science are employed in all sorts of positions in nearly every industry. Learn a bit about the duties, outlook and earning potential for six top computer science careers in this cutting-edge field.
"For each subject area, the program has been vetted by individuals who have industry expertise on those subjects. This gives the individual the benefit of a curriculum that is practical in nature, not all theory."
Adjunct Professor at Rasmussen University
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed July 7, 2021] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed July 7, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Java is a registered trademark of Oracle® and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2019. Accessed by July 15, 2020. Data is for persons age 25 and older who are full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm