Whether you’re just starting or already a working nurse, we have you covered with pre-licensure programs (Practical Nursing, Professional Nursing and BSN) and post-licensure programs (RN to BSN, MSN, Post-Graduate Certificates and DNP).
Nursing Programs for Every Level
You know where you want to go as a nurse, and we have the nursing programs to help you get there. We'll help you figure out which nursing program is right for you and provide a clear path forward.
We’ll also support you step by step with the education and skills that take you to the next level. Rasmussen University is proud to be the #1 educator of Associate degree in Nursing (ADN/RN) grads in the country and the #1 educator of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) in Minnesota in 2021.32
- Field Experience
- Residential Immersion
The first factor is whether you’re a licensed nurse or not. If you aren’t a licensed nurse, our Practical Nursing Diploma, Professional Nursing Associate’s degree (ADN) or accelerated Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) would offer the support you need to launch your career. Next step: attend a Nursing Information Session.
If you already have your license as a practical or registered nurse, our LPN to RN Bridge and online RN to BSN can help you reach your next goal faster.
Once you have your BSN, you can set your eyes on graduate programs. Expand your nursing knowledge and make a lasting impression on the nursing field with your online MSN degree. Choose from three specializations to expand your RN scope in education, leadership and technology. Or, pursue advanced practice with your online MSN-NP program with the choice of four specializations. The online DNP is for nurses called to lead at the highest level of healthcare.
Ready for a new specialty or another level of leadership? Post-Graduate Nursing Certificates are perfect for nurses with their MSN or DNP looking to expand their skills.
What It Means to Be a Nurse
Becoming a nurse takes hard work and dedication—which is why we promise to give you the support, training and knowledge you need to flourish. Rasmussen University has a Nursing program for every level so you can let your light shine wherever your goals may lead you.
Thriving Nursing Network
Join our thriving network of over 8,500 nursing students, 19,500 nursing alumni and 600 nursing faculty.1 With this amount of experience under our belt, we understand the strength nurses bring and the support they need throughout their nursing education and career.
Attend a Nursing Information Session
Get a firsthand look at our pre-licensure nursing programs at an information session. You can tour the campus, get your questions answered and speak with your admissions advisor about your path to becoming a nurse.See all Nursing Information Session dates
10 Facts You Didn’t Know About the Rasmussen University Nursing Programs
If you want to start a career in nursing, there’s reason to be optimistic—demand for both licensed practical nurses and registered nurses has remained steadily strong.1 Learn more about our educational offerings, career outcomes and how we stand out from other nursing programs.Read More
Take the Next Step—Talk to Us!
- As of July 14, 2021, Rasmussen University had 8,524 students enrolled in School of Nursing programs. As of June 30, 2021, Rasmussen University had 19,539 nursing alumni. This number represents the total number of those who graduated from a School of Nursing program between March 20, 2006, and June 30, 2021. For the spring quarter of 2021 (April - June), Rasmussen University had 603 full-time and adjunct nursing faculty.
- 111 successful NCLEX-PN attempts in MN in 2021 were from Rasmussen University graduates.
- According to Associate Degree Registered Nurse conferrals from 2016–2020 as reported in IPEDS.
- 22.7% of successful NCLEX-RN® attempts in MN in 2021 were from Rasmussen University graduates.
- 11.8% of successful NCLEX-PN® attempts in MN in 2021 were from Rasmussen University graduates.