Flex Choice®: Get Credit for What You Know
This Master’s degree is a Flex Choice® competency-based education program (CBE). The unique design of its courses allows you to show what you know as soon as you know it. As a national leader in CBE, we are helping to advance this cutting-edge, faculty-led, project-based learning approach that prioritizes your learning over deadlines. For additional information, visit our Flex Choice page.
You will learn from industry-experienced faculty in online MHA curriculum academically aligned to the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL) Health Leadership Competency Model™, which identifies interdisciplinary factors required of leaders to develop and manage an effective healthcare environment.
Rasmussen College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Online Courses Go Where You Go
Flexible and affordable, online courses are designed to give you more control and balance over your busy schedule. Learn through live interactive sessions with faculty and peers, real-world projects and virtual labs. You'll receive continued support from admissions advisors, experienced faculty, library and learning resources, experienced tutors, 24/7 tech support, personal students advisors and career services.
Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA)
Online Master's Degree
Keep pace with the constantly changing influences on healthcare delivery. Your online Master of Healthcare Administration degree will help develop your role as a leader with advanced skills and knowledge of the business of healthcare. You will learn firsthand about quality management and process improvement, including trends and market forces that impact quality patient care. With a total of 12 courses, each 11 weeks in length, you can complete this online MHA program in as few as 18 months for as low as $20,000.1
Master of Healthcare Administration Credentials Offered
Master of Healthcare Administration
Finish in as few as
- Flex Choice®
Students interested in enhancing their critical-thinking and decision-making skills and advancing their career in a leadership role within healthcare administration.
Prepares you for
Hospital administrator, clinical director, health services manager, practice manager
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Beyond a Transcript Comprehensive Learner Record (CLR)
When you're seeking a new job or promotion, it's a big advantage to be able to show, not just tell, what you can do. Introducing Rasmussen’s Comprehensive Learner Record (CLR), a competency-based transcript of the real skills and knowledge you’ve demonstrated in your program.
6 Healthcare Administration Careers You Could Land with an MHA
Healthcare administration requires professionals who are passionate about people and the healthcare in charge of caring for them. With a Master's in Healthcare Administration, you can advance your career while helping patients and your organization at the same time.
Turn Your Online Master of Healthcare Administration Education into a Career
We’ve made advancing your Healthcare Administration education even easier by offering online classes and credentials that fit into a busy, working schedule. Action-oriented, hands-on, situational analysis in real-world case studies, exercises, simulations and coursework give you the opportunity to enhance your skills and expand your impact as a healthcare leader. Our online Healthcare Administration degree program is designed to help you gain the hands-on experience, advanced education and relevant skills employers seek.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), earning a degree, regardless of the field of study, can improve income potential.5 Here are just a few examples of where an online MHA degree can take you.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 1, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Some positions may require additional credentials.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2019. Accessed by 7/15/2020. Data is for persons age 25 and older full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm