Minneapolis (March 17, 2020) – The health, well-being and safety of our Rasmussen College community is our highest priority during the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on the most recent guidance from the CDC and on-going guidance from local public health officials, we have made the careful decision to implement the following social distancing measures for our College and campus communities:
- Rasmussen has moved its campus operations to an online modality with most employees working remotely.
- Rasmussen campuses are not open to public traffic at this time.
- During the week of March 16, students are completing the Winter 2020 quarter and final exams as instructed by the College. To facilitate the successful completion of the Winter quarter, the College has made changes to the on-campus Nursing course exams for students in the Practical Nursing, Professional Nursing, and Bachelor of Science (pre-licensure entrance options) programs. Final exams for these groups of students will now be administered via virtual modality.
- A complete list of implemented social distancing measures may be found at https://www.rasmussen.edu/coronavirus/.
Following our regularly scheduled break from March 22-April 5, the College’s Spring 2020 Quarter will begin on April 6. At that time, Rasmussen College will introduce modifications to our learning environment and implement additional social distancing protocols in an effort to reduce the risk of exposure. Those measures include but are not limited to:
- On-campus lecture-based course components will be delivered online from April 6 through June 20.
- Clinical or practicum experiences in the School of Nursing and School of Health Sciences will continue, where available. If a site cancels or suspends student placement, academic leaders at each campus will work to find alternative sites.
- Graduation ceremonies currently planned through April 30, 2020 will be rescheduled.
- Pinning ceremonies for Nursing programs currently planned for March and April have been cancelled.
ABOUT RASMUSSEN COLLEGE:
Rasmussen College, LLC is a private college regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is dedicated to meeting the evolving needs of our diverse communities through in-demand, flexible, accessible and affordable educational programs. A pioneer in career-focused education since 1900, the College leads advancements in innovations such as employer-led and expert designed curriculum and comprehensive student support services to help working adults advance their educations. Additionally, Rasmussen College is a national leader in competency-based education. Rasmussen College offers undergraduate and graduate programs online and across its 24 Midwest and Florida campuses. The College encourages its students, faculty and staff to strive for academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu.
This piece of ad content was created by Rasmussen University to support its educational programs. Rasmussen University may not prepare students for all positions featured within this content. Please visit www.rasmussen.edu/degrees for a list of programs offered. External links provided on rasmussen.edu are for reference only. Rasmussen University does not guarantee, approve, control, or specifically endorse the information or products available on websites linked to, and is not endorsed by website owners, authors and/or organizations referenced. Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.