July 29, 2020 (10:40 a.m.)
An update to masking protocols in the COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
In early June, Rasmussen College released its COVID-19 Preparedness Plan outlining the protocols and precautions that the College would follow to provide a safe and healthy learning and working environment for our students, faculty and staff who attend class, lab or clinicals at one of the College’s physical campuses.
The Preparedness Plan is a living document that is subject to change as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and the guidelines set forth by local, state and federal health agencies, as well as the mandates set forth by local, state and federal government agencies.
Please click here to download the latest version of the Rasmussen College COVID-19 Preparedness Plan, which updates the Masking Protocol, based on ordinances and orders recently implemented in some of the College’s physical presence locations. These changes are effective immediately.
- Indoor Masking Protocol:
- Under the prior protocol, students, employees and vendors could remove their mask indoors when in a seated or stationary position within the classroom environment where a minimum social distance of six feet could be maintained.
- Under the amended protocol, students, employees and vendors must wear a mask at all times with more limited exceptions, which now only include when communicating with an individual who is deaf or hearing impaired, when alone in an enclosed work area, or when using a face shield under limited circumstances.
- Outdoor Masking Protocol:
- Under the prior protocol, there were no masking requirements when outside while on the premises of a Rasmussen College facility.
- Under the amended protocol, students, employees and vendors must wear a mask when outside while on the premises of a Rasmussen College facility at all times with limited exceptions, including while in a private vehicle used for private purposes or when eating/drinking in an outdoor seating area.
All students, faculty and staff of Rasmussen College are responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of the COVID-19 Preparedness Plan, and the College appreciates you for helping us to safeguard our campus communities.
Keeping the Rasmussen community safe is our top priority. Please contact your Campus Director with any questions you may have regarding this information.