- Residential Programs are identified as programs offered at a physical campus location which require a lab or clinical/externship/practicum component to be delivered in person at a time when there are no disruptions to campus operations. Rasmussen’s residential programs are: Health Sciences Associate of Applied Science – Medical Assisting, Healthcare Associate of Applied Science – Medical Assisting, Healthcare Associate of Science - Medical Assisting, Medical Assisting Diploma, Law Enforcement Associate of Applied Science, Law Enforcement Skills Certificate, Medical Laboratory Technician Associate of Applied Science, Nursing Bachelor of Science (excludes RN to BSN), Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Applied Science, Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Science, Practical Nursing Diploma, Professional Nursing Associate of Applied Science, Professional Nursing Associate of Science, Radiologic Technology Associate of Applied Science, Radiologic Technology Associate of Science, Surgical Technologist Associate of Applied Science, and Surgical Technologist Associate of Science.
June 17, 2020 (4:00 p.m.)
The past few months have tested the Rasmussen College community and the world as we have dealt with the COVID-19 Pandemic. In addition, our college communities across the United States have weathered the storms of social unrest, following direct acts of injustice. We come to you today in uncertain times, acknowledging that supporting your continued education is more important than ever. In light of these world events, we are relieved and excited to announce a return to campus life and on-campus instruction in a limited capacity. Your safety remains paramount to all of us at the College; this plan was created to assist you.
On May 21, we notified you that Rasmussen College intends to return to on-campus instruction in the Summer 2020 Quarter beginning on July 6, 2020, at campuses where local and state health guidelines and governmental orders will allow it. Since, that time, we have been busy preparing our campus facilities and wanted to inform you of our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan that is designed to ensure a safe academic environment to the greatest extent possible.
To highlight some of the expectations from this new plan, which is attached here for your review, please note that all students who return to campus will be required to:
- Conduct a self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to campus
- Wear masks while on campus
- Observe all newly established social distancing protocols
- Report recent travel
- Report if you have experienced exposure to a diagnosed person, have tested positive for COVID-19, or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
We encourage you to read the entire plan to understand what is expected of you while participating in on-campus instruction. In the next few weeks, you will also be receiving a link to a short video which will explain and show you what to expect when you return to campus.
As per our May 21 email, we will be finalizing which courses at which campuses will be able to return to on-campus instruction in the coming weeks. Please continue to check your email for communication from your dean or faculty member regarding the date and time of any on-campus presence required of you for Summer Term 2020. Reach out to your student advisor should you have immediate questions. Rasmussen College will also continue to post the most up-to-date information on this website.
Be well and safe. We look forward to seeing you on campus.