March 6, 2020
At Rasmussen College, now –as always –the health and welfare of our students, faculty and staff is our top priority. We understand the Coronavirus, now known as COVID-19, is causing some anxiety in our Rasmussen communities. We wanted to let you know we are monitoring the situation and that we have an Infectious Disease Response Plan in place.
Below is some key information we would like to share with you:
Prevention. We are continuing to monitor the spread of the virus and its impact on colleges and universities, as well as the general public. We will follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local health authorities and encourage you to do the same. The best way to prevent illness and to help avoid spreading the virus further is to take basic, precautionary measures, including the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Travel. As we near the end of our Winter Quarter, you and your family may be considering travel options during the College’s break weeks or to coincide with your children’s Spring Break. You are encouraged to review the travel advisories issued by the U.S. Department of State before you choose to travel.
Communication and Questions. Should you have any questions, please contact your Campus Director, Nursing or Academic Dean.
Again, the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff remains our primary concern. We know that this virus is concerning to all members of the Rasmussen College community. We will continually evaluate this situation based on the recommendations of local and national public health authorities and will communicate any changes to this guidance as appropriate.