During the Fourth of July celebrations in the midst of the parades, fireworks, and BBQ’s we need to remember those great people that came before us that laid the groundwork for this great nation.
The Founding Fathers of the United States included: Alexander Hamilton, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, James Madison, John Adams, John Jay, and Thomas Jefferson. These men were political leaders and statesmen that lived over two hundred years ago and yet they already understood key values that would make our country so great. One of those values was the importance of education for we the people.
As past, present, or future college students before you fire up the grill this Fourth of July let’s take a look back and read some educational quotes about how our founding fathers valued education.
1. Thomas Jefferson - 3rd U.S. President
2. George Washington - 1st U.S. President
3. James Madison - 4th U.S. President
4. Benjamin Franklin - 6th President of Pennsylvania
5. John Jay - 1st U.S. Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
6. Alexander Hamilton - 1st U.S. Secretary of the Treasury
7. John Adams - 2nd U.S. President
8. Thomas Jefferson - 3rd U.S. President
9. James Madison - 4th U.S. President
10. John Adams - 2nd U.S. President