11 Strange ICD-10 Codes You Hope to Never Use
It takes a special person to work in the medical field. That’s why you’ve stepped up to the plate – to uphold the sacred honor of helping care for the sick and vulnerable. It’s a privilege to serve others through your calling. That’s exactly why so many professionals dedicate their lives to a career in healthcare.
And it’s the oddities you find in the emergency room that allow you to live out that passion because there’s never a dull moment! Be it freak accident or poor judgement, a healthy sense of humor will help you survive.
So whether you’re joining the ranks of the healthcare field or are already a seasoned pro, join us as we take a look at some of the strangest ICD-10 codes in medicine today. Because you never know what you might encounter at work some day!
1. Animal-rider injured in collision with trolley
2. Sibling rivalry
3. Unspecified balloon accident injuring occupant
4. Struck by duck, subsequent encounter
5. Pedestrian on foot injured in collision with roller skater
6. Bizarre personal appearance
7. Burn due to water skis on fire, subsequent encounter
8. Sucked into a jet engine
9. Hurt at the library
10. Walked into a lamppost, subsequent encounter
11. Spacecraft collision injuring occupant, sequela
Are you a medical professional? What's the most bizarre injury you've ever encountered on the job? Share with us in the comments below!
- Where do Medical Coders Work? 7 Settings that Might Surprise You
- 5 In-Demand Healthcare Jobs that Don’t Require a Degree
- 19 Natural Health Benefits of Being in Love