March 26, 2020 (5:30 p.m.)
This update applies to School of Health Sciences students in all states of enrollment and supersedes the information specific to the School of Health Science in the March 24 update.
Two days ago, Rasmussen College released a comprehensive plan regarding how classes, laboratories, and experiential learning opportunities would be conducted during the Spring Quarter 2020. Since that time, additional states and counties have imposed “shelter-in-place” or “stay-at-home” orders. Rasmussen College must once again adjust in light of these ever-evolving circumstances—balancing your best interests, the requirements of state regulators and accreditation agencies, and these new government-imposed mandates.
The information contained in this email supersedes and replaces the plan dated March 24, 2020, as it applies to the School of Health Sciences programs. Please review the remainder of this update carefully to ensure you understand how these changes will affect you.
These changes will cause some students’ Spring Quarter 2020 schedule to change. Please contact your Student Advisor if you have questions about your specific schedule. If you have general questions, you may send them to Covid_19_Student_Questions@rasmussen.edu.
We wish each of you the best and hope that you and your families remain safe and healthy.
Spring Quarter 2020 (April 6 - June 27):
School of Health Sciences:
- Courses containing only an online theory or lecture-based course component will continue as scheduled. This includes courses delivered in the 5.5 week/11-week quarter format and 6 week/12-week quarter format.
- Courses containing only a residential theory or lecture-based course component will be replaced by online theory courses.
- Anatomy and Physiology Courses: The residential laboratory component of these courses will be moved to an online modality.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Associate’s Degree Program: The residential courses for this program, which also include laboratories, will be moved to an online modality.
- Any other course, other than those listed above, that contains a residential laboratory or residential practicum component for the Medical Assisting Diploma, Medical Laboratory Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Radiological Technology, and Surgical Technologist programs will be cancelled for the Spring Quarter 2020.