- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- The first attempt of the CCS exam may be included in lieu of the CCA if you can demonstrate a minimum of two years’ coding experience directly applying codes. The application fee for each qualified student’s first attempt at the CCA or CCS exam is included in the total program costs. Should you need to take the exam more than once to receive a passing score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees.
- The application fee for each qualified student’s first exam attempt is included in the total program costs. Should you need to take the exam more than once to receive a passing score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 30, 2018] www.bls.gov/ooh/. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
Medical Billing and Coding
At Rasmussen College, you can earn your Medical Billing and Coding Certificate—and be ready for AHIMA certification—in as few as nine months.1 Learn a variety of valuable medical coding training and in-demand skills, including how to navigate electronic health records (EHR) and code healthcare data using ICD and CPT principles.
Built-in CCA Exam Prep
From day one of the Medical Billing and Coding program, your curriculum includes preparation for the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) certification exam offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Students who fulfill the necessary qualifications, including education and work experience, can pursue the Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification exam. Plus, the exam fee is included in the total program costs.2
Hands-On Learning from Experts
There’s no one better to teach professional skills than experts working in the field. That’s why in our program, you’ll learn directly from experienced professionals.
Online Courses Go Where You Go
We applaud your dedication to grow despite your busy lifestyle. Our online learning options are designed to give you more control and balance over your schedule. At the same time, you’ll receive hands-on support from faculty at every stage.
Rasmussen College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Medical Billing and Coding
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
Students looking to enter a successful career in healthcare and develop key skills for analyzing and managing medical records, navigating electronic health records systems and coding healthcare data based on coding principles.
Prepares you for
Medical coder/biller, medical records clerk, coding specialist, insurance claims clerk, customer service representative: medical billing
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Turn Your Education into a Career
We’ve made advancing your medical billing and coding career even easier by offering Medical Billing and Coding classes and credentials that fit into a busy working schedule. Our Medical Billing and Coding online program prepares you to take the CCA or CCS certification exam offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).2 For qualified students, the first attempt of the eligible exam is included in the total program costs.3 According to AHIMA, the CCA designation has been the national standard of achievement in health information management since 2002.
When you’re ready to further your education, you can seamlessly transfer your Medical Billing and Coding Certificate credits into our Health Information Technician Associate’s degree.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), earning a degree, regardless of the field of study, can improve income potential.4 Here is an example of where a Medical Billing and Coding Certificate can take you.