A Closer Look at the Rasmussen College – Eagan Campus
New to Rasmussen College? It’s only natural to want to get the inside scoop on what to expect from your local campus. We spoke with campus director Erica O'Gorman and asked her to highlight the important information every newcomer needs to know before stepping foot on the Rasmussen College – Eagan campus.
What is the history of Rasmussen College and the Eagan campus?
Rasmussen College has a long history of building community through education. Since first opening its doors as the Rasmussen Practical School of Business in Stillwater, Minnesota in 1900, Rasmussen College has since grown to 24 campuses and has graduated thousands of students across its many programs of study. The College now offers dozens of programs across the Schools of Business, Design, Education, Health Sciences, Justice Studies, Nursing and Technology.
As the College has grown over the years, the Eagan campus was opened in the late 1980s to accommodate more students from the Twin Cities area.
Where is the Eagan campus located?
The Eagan campus is situated to the south of Saint Paul, just off Interstate 35E and Pilot Knob Road, and less than a mile from the Eagan Community Center. Looking for fun things to do in the area? You can shop ‘til you drop at the nearby outlet mall, Twin Cities Premium Outlets, or at the Mall of America, which is just a ten-minute drive east of campus. For football fans, the new Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center, which hosts the Minnesota Vikings, is only six miles north east of campus—perfect for when you’d like to catch a practice during the dog days of training camp.
If you’re one to worry about parking, don’t stress. There is a dedicated free parking lot for students, visitors and community members at the Eagan campus.
What programs are offered at the Eagan campus?
The Eagan campus offers the following on-campus programs in the School of Health Sciences and the School of Justice Studies:
School of Health Sciences
- Medical Assisting Diploma: The Medical Assisting Diploma program at the Eagan campus in Minnesota is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).1
School of Justice Studies
- Law Enforcement Associate's Degree Rasmussen College’s Law Enforcement Skills Certificate is approved by the Minnesota Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (MN POST) for persons who seek employment in Minnesota as a peace officer. Rasmussen College is one of the few Minnesota colleges with its own MN POST-approved police academy that prepares you to earn the Law Enforcement Skills Certificate needed to obtain your Minnesota police officer licensure.
School of Nursing
- Practical Nursing Diploma: The Rasmussen College Practical Nursing Diploma program in Eagan, Minnesota, is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).2
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN): The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program at Rasmussen College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).3
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN): The Master of Science in Nursing degree program at Rasmussen College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).3
Students can also enroll in any of Rasmussen College’s online programs through the Eagan campus. This gives students an option for college in Minnesota that provides the best of both worlds—online course flexibility with residential campus support.
What resources and support services are offered at the Eagan campus?
Need some help with your studies? We offer tutoring services and resources both on campus and online for our students. When you need a place to study (or a break from studying), head on over to our on-campus student commons, student lounge or to pick a spot at one of our two computer labs. Additionally, Career Services and Library and Learning Services are offered online and are available to all students.
How is the Eagan campus involved in the local community?
The Eagan campus’ unique position as the only campus within Rasmussen College that offers the Law Enforcement Skills Certificate training course has connected the College to many police departments in the Twin Cities community. These agencies and departments come to the campus and use the skills facilities for their own training programs on a regular basis.
In addition to the strong connection to the law enforcement community, the Rasmussen College – Eagan campus also gives back by donating time to and volunteering with local organizations such as Simon Says Give, Neighbors Inc., New Perspective Senior Living and more.
Quick facts about the Eagan campus:
Need to grab a bite before or after class? Check out some of these local hot spots:
- El Loro is just a half mile north of campus.
- Looking for more? Potbelly, Subway, Punch Pizza, Cafe Zupas, Houlihan’s, Buffalo Wild Wings and Jersey Mike’s Subs are all are all a short drive from campus.
Looking for a new study spot? Here are some of our students’ favorites:
- Wescott Library is a great spot for some quiet, focused thinking.
- There is a Caribou Coffee and a Starbucks within a five-minute drive of campus.
- If you like bagels to go with your books, Bruegger’s Bagels, Panera Bread and Coffee & Bagels are all less than two miles from campus.
Time for a study break? Consider stopping by one of these go-tos.
- For the adventure-seeker, Lebanon Hills Regional Park offers activities year-round, including hiking, camping, kayaking, paddleboarding, picnicking, swimming, cross country skiing, snowshoeing and more.
- The Eagan Community Center’s fitness center and gymnasiums are great for clearing your mind after a long day.
Picture yourself at the Rasmussen College – Eagan campus
Here at the Rasmussen College – Eagan Campus, we pride ourselves on the strong community we have between our students and our employees. “Our employee community comes together to help change our students’ lives for the better,” Gardner said. From our faculty to our advising and admissions teams, we are dedicated to supporting our students from start to finish and helping them meet their education goals.
If you want to learn more about how you might find your fit in our community of learners, check out the Eagan Campus Facebook page.
1 The Medical Assisting Diploma program at the Eagan campus in Minnesota is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 North Falls Church, VA 22043, 703-917-9503
2The Rasmussen College Practical Nursing Diploma program in Eagan, Minnesota, is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000. http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
3The Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing degree programs at Rasmussen College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750 Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.