Start Your ADN Program in Orlando, FL
Registered nurses (RNs) are ready for almost anything—that’s why you need interactive on-campus labs that simulate real life. State-of-the-art facilities and labs at our North Orlando campus in Altamonte Springs help our Nursing students prepare to sit for your NCLEX-RN®,3 become registered nurses and support Florida’s healthcare needs. On-campus practice labs and in-person clinicals also allow you to get immediate feedback from your nursing instructors, ask questions and work collaboratively with faculty and other students.
Plus, diving into campus life will give you an opportunity to network with other Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) students, Nursing graduates and instructors.
Take me to:
Practice Your Skills as a Future Registered Nurse
Nursing Program Information
You focus on becoming a registered nurse—we’ll focus on supporting your nursing profession from day one. As soon as admission requirements are completed, you’re admitted into the ADN program with no need to apply twice. To help get started sooner, you can also expect:
- Eight start dates per year
- No prerequisite courses
- No waiting list for qualified applicants
Licensed practical nurses can advance their education in as few as 18 months2 through our LPN to RN Bridge.
Learn even more about our Associate’s degree program in Nursing, core nursing courses and curriculum, nursing classes, other Nursing programs and more at our Nursing Information Session.
What Types of Nursing Courses Will I Take?
While some courses are online, your Professional Nursing courses will be at our North Orlando campus. Here are examples of the in-person courses that will help you become a confident, caring registered nurse.
Nursing Care of the Older Adult
- Examine how personal attitudes and beliefs about aging impact healthcare for older adults
- Discover resources for healthcare organizations that promote autonomy, safety and ethical advocacy as patients age
- Apply knowledge in a healthcare setting during clinical component, such as nursing homes
- Study and promote the health and safety of maternal and pediatric nursing care
- Examine relevant medication administration, pharmacology, nutritional principles and cultural and spiritual diversity
- Apply knowledge in a healthcare setting during clinical rotations
Professional Nursing Skills II
- Discover higher-level registered nurse skills for diverse patients across the lifespan
- Learn to care for patients with respiratory, gastrointestinal, hematological and fluid balance disorders
- Practice skills during an on-campus, supervised lab setting, including newborn and pediatric nursing care
Leadership and Professional Identity
- Explore professional nursing leadership and management responsibilities
- Enhance decision-making skills and clinical judgment examples to improve patient outcomes
- Apply professional identity and knowledge of regulatory standards in clinical rotations
"Rasmussen provides students from a diverse population an equal opportunity to achieve their goals. Having a great team to support and assist definitely leads to the success for all students and a healthy work environment for everyone."
Dr. Suzann Mohammed, PhD, MSN-Ed, RN
Associate Nursing Faculty, Rasmussen University – North Orlando Campus
NCLEX-RN Licensure Examination
Once you graduate from the ADN program, you’ll be able to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam in order to become a registered nurse. In 2018, our North Orlando campus was updated to provide the state-of-the-art labs and facilities to support your NCLEX-RN success. As a Nursing student, you‘ll practice what registered nurses experience in the field. These are only a few ways that you’ll start preparing for the NCLEX-RN from day one.
Practice your own nursing concepts and clinical skills at the North Orlando campus nursing labs, immersive training and medical labs. You’ll be able to sit confidently for the NCLEX-RN.
You won’t be preparing for the NCLEX-RN exam alone. Collaborate with other ADN students, faculty and peer tutors to enhance your nursing practice experience.
Library and Learning Services
Access the award-winning online Library and Learning Services team and resources. They even create special collections for NCLEX study prep.
Take the Next Step—Talk to Us!
Nursing Career Options in Orlando
Useful Reading for Rasmussen Students
Tuition & Savings
Do the Math:
$432 cost per credit
x 102 total credits
$44,064 total tuition
+ $7,350 total fees
$51,414 estimated total program cost
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how our Associate’s degree in Nursing program is designed to be more affordable with transfer credits, self-directed assessments, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, corporate grants and military discounts for those who qualify.
Find more about:
- Military Tuition Benefits
- Corporate Alliances
- Financial Aid
- Transfer Credit and Other Knowledge Credit™
Unlike many other nursing schools, there is no prerequisite coursework for the ADN program. At many campuses there are no wait lists for qualified applicants. With eight start dates a year at most campuses, you can begin your ADN classes when it's convenient for you.6 Check out the course catalog for full acceptance requirements, general education courses, nursing concepts and more.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
The associate nursing program at Rasmussen University at the Ocala campus (with an off-campus instructional site in North Orlando) located in Ocala, Florida, is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the associate nursing program is Continuing Accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.