Open the door to healthcare and helping others by pursuing an in-demand career as a certified nursing assistant or certified nurse aide (CNA). Learn essential healthcare skills in first aid and AED (automated external defibrillator) usage and how to assist patients with activities in their daily lives. Our Nursing Assistant training in MN is an affordable and convenient way to branch out into the world of healthcare in a short amount of time. In a matter of weeks, you will be on the path to CNA certification and can help make a positive impact on your patients, healthcare team and community.1
|Campus Location||Training Start Date|
|Eagan, MN||Check back for future dates|
Rasmussen College is closely following the mandates from local, state and federal governments related to the COVID-19 pandemic. If Rasmussen College must cancel a Nursing Assistant training, you will be notified via the email address on file. If you have any questions related to the College's response to COVID-19, please continue to check our Covid-19 Response page for the most up-to-date information.
A Helping Hand in Healthcare
Completing our CNA classes in MN will give you the foundational skills and hands-on experience you need to seek certification as a nursing assistant or nurse aide. With a network of over 7,500 Nursing students, 16,000 Nursing alumni and 750 Nursing faculty, we understand the dedication and passion it takes to work in healthcare.2 As a CNA, you will not only learn how to assist patients, but also discover the variety of careers within the growing healthcare industry. Start with us in non-credit CNA training in MN, then let us help you expand your career opportunities by pursuing a more advanced program in Healthcare, such as Nursing, Medical Assisting and more.
Take me to:
Sit for the State Exam
Taught by experienced and skilled nurse faculty, our Nursing Assistant training is state approved and prepares you to sit for the state competency exam.
Launch a Career in Healthcare
Upon certification, you can discover what it means to work in healthcare and collaborate with a healthcare team. A CNA provides quality care for residents in long-term care facilities, hospitals, home healthcare and hospice settings.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the need for CNAs is projected to grow nationally more than 9% by 2026.3 Convenient and affordable on-campus Nursing Assistant training from Rasmussen College can help set you up for success in this growing field.
What Will I Learn?
Nursing Assistant Training
- On Campus
Designed to prepare learners to work safely and efficiently as nursing assistants in long-term care facilities, hospitals and private homes. Focuses on the basic nursing assistant knowledge and skills needed to care for individuals with dignity and respect.
- Perform duties in accordance with the legal roles and responsibilities of a nursing assistant.
- Demonstrate practices that comply with patient rights and ensure patient dignity.
- Demonstrate professionally accepted methods of communicating, both verbal and written, to the healthcare team, patients and families.
- Apply practices that comply with the standards of infection control.
- Perform patient care that integrates a basic understanding of diseases, including Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Demonstrate basic nursing assistant skills required to provide safe and efficient patient care.
Complete your Nursing Assistant training from a higher education institution dedicated to your success. Our Nursing Assistant training is approved by the MN Department of Health.
Dynamic Learning Environments
Nursing Assistant training learners will study essential skills within lecture, lab and clinical environments. Learners develop CNA skills through classroom discussion, activities, group work, videos and assessments. The supervised laboratory setting allows learners to demonstrate and strengthen skills, abilities and confidence needed in this in-demand profession. Real-world experience at a clinical facility allows learners to work with patients and receive firsthand experience of the day-to-day responsibilities of a CNA.
What Will My Schedule Look Like?
The Nursing Assistant training is convenient and allows learners to complete the training as quickly as possible in a matter of weeks. The precise training schedule for lecture, laboratory and clinical experience will vary with each offering.
Check back for future available start dates and additional details on CNA training in MN.
What Should I Know Before I Register?
Our online, self-service registration process is fast and simple, so qualified learners can be on their way to Nursing Assistant training in a short amount of time.
Review the training registration requirements below:
- Minimum required age is 18
- High school diploma or GED
- Background check
- Documentation of Tuberculosis testing and proof of immunization: Hepatitis B and Influenza. Additional requirements may vary based on clinical site requirements
- Documentation of physical exam
- Nursing Assistant Training Handbook receipt and acknowledgment of contents
Steps to Registration
To register for our Nursing Assistant training, follow the steps below:
- Complete the self-enrollment form
- Remember to select the location and start date of your preference on the form
- Begin gathering documentation of immunizations and physical exam as described in the Registration Requirements
- Follow the instructions in the confirmation email to complete your registration
For questions about the training or registration, please refer to the confirmation email, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learners who successfully complete the Nursing Assistant training at Rasmussen College in Minnesota can apply to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) exam. For more information about the exam and testing sites, visit the Minnesota Department of Health Nursing Assistant Registry.
Training Fee Reimbursement
Per federal regulations, the training fee for the Nursing Assistant training is reimbursable by law (up to a year after the Certified Nursing Assistant training is completed) to aides employed by (or who have been offered employment from) a Medicare or Medicaid certified nursing facility. For more information for Minnesota registers, please visit the MN Department of Health website.
When Can I Start?
Registration Deadlines – Check Back for Upcoming Dates
|Campus Location||Registration Deadline||Final Payment Deadline||Training Start Date|
|Eagan, MN||Check back for dates||Check back for dates||Check back for dates|
If a passed background check cannot be obtained prior to the training start date, you may be required to join one of the following trainings pending all approved registration requirements. There are limited spots available in each Nursing Assistant training. Individuals who complete all acceptance requirements will be registered on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you do meet all acceptance requirements and the training is already full, you have the option to select the next available Nursing Assistant training date.
Take the Next Step to Begin Registration
By providing an email address or phone number, I am authorizing Rasmussen College or anyone on its behalf to use these media to contact me for purposes regarding but not limited to academics, financial aid, student accounts, and campus activities. Rasmussen College or anybody on its behalf may contact me at the phone number(s) provided above via text, call, or prerecorded or artificial message which may be delivered using an automatic or predictive telephone dialing system. By providing a mobile phone number, I certify that I am the subscriber and/or customary user of that number. I agree to promptly notify Rasmussen College at any time my contact information changes. I understand that standard message and data rates may apply and that Rasmussen College is not responsible for any additional charges I may incur as a result. I understand that this authorization shall remain in effect until I opt out the media via the student portal, and that such revocation shall not affect disclosures previously made.
Where Can I Find CNA Training Near Me?
On-campus CNA training schedules may vary. Check back for additional Nursing Assistant training campus locations!
- Completion time is dependent on training course location and state requirements.
- As of July 14, 2020, Rasmussen College had 7,564 students enrolled in School of Nursing programs. As of June 30, 2020, Rasmussen College had 16,039 nursing alumni. This number represents the total number of those who graduated from a School of Nursing program between March 20, 2006, and June 30, 2020. For the spring quarter of 2020 (April–June), Rasmussen College had 767 full-time and adjunct nursing faculty.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed May 21, 2020] https://www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed May 21, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- In addition to the training fee, participants in IL are responsible for up to approximately $805 in additional fees for required items such as a physical examination, vaccinations or proof of full registration requirements. Fees may vary and may be covered by the learner's insurance plan or other method such as a low or no-cost clinic. For full training fee details, visit our Nursing Assistant Training Fees List. For a full list of requirements, visit our Nursing Assistant training Acknowledgments page.
- In addition to the training fee, participants in MN are responsible for up to approximately $939 in additional fees for required items such as a physical examination, vaccinations or proof of full registration requirements. Fees may vary and may be covered by the learner's insurance plan or other method such as a low or no-cost clinic. For full training fee details, visit our Nursing Assistant Training Fees List. For a full list of requirements, visit our Nursing Assistant training Acknowledgments page.