Our Software Application Development program is designed to help you gain the programming and software skills that employers are seeking. With the marketplace in mind, this curriculum was developed by industry experts who have years of technology experience at organizations such as PricewaterhouseCoopers®,4 Providence Mutual Insurance Company and Code.org®.8
This fully online Associate’s degree can be completed in as few as 18 months.1 And if you already have the skills taught in a particular course, you can bypass it by demonstrating your knowledge through a $99 self-directed assessment.
Take me to:
Prepare for Industry Certifications
This program is designed to help prepare you for key industry certifications, including C++ Certified Associate Programmer (CPA), Oracle®5 Database Foundations, Microsoft®6 HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals and Microsoft®6 Software Development Fundamentals. Plus, Rasmussen University will reimburse you the application fee for each first attempt for up to three certification exams.2
Advance Your Education
When you’re ready to advance your education even further, you can transfer your credits into our online Computer Science or Data Analytics Bachelor’s degree programs.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the projected job growth potential by year 2029 for Software Developers is 22%.3 A Software Application Development Associate's degree from Rasmussen University can help set you up for success in this growing field.
Technical Skill Development
Practice software development skills in project-based courses where you develop mobile and desktop applications to solve real challenges.
Multiple Programming Languages
Learn how to securely code with the most in-demand programming languages and databases, including C++, C#, HTML5, Java®,7 and SQL databases, and practice applying them hands-on.
Through hands-on projects, you’ll address business problems and practice developing solutions with technological know-how.
Learn to use in-demand software engineering and development tools and techniques, and how to apply industry best practices to software design, analysis, development, and deployment.
- CDA 1202
- 3 Credits
- COP 1532C
- 3 Credits
- CGS 1820C
- 3 Credits
Foundations of Software Design
Introduces students to fundamental aspects of programming as it is related to proper software design concepts. Provides an understanding of how computational techniques are applied in solving a variety of problems.
Database Fundamentals for Programmers
Covers relational databases and their efficient design. The course will include the definition of tables and indexes, logical and physical design, the E-R model and transaction management. The use of Structured Query Language (SQL) will be emphasized.
Introduction to HTML
Introduces students to the basics of HTML. Students will learn the latest in HTML, conforming to XML and recent HTML coding standards. A step-by-step approach for learning how to create, format, and enhance a webpage using HTML.
25 Courses to Complete
90 Credit Hours
Entrance requirements at the Rasmussen University School of Technology vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
We believe in giving credit where it’s due. You can get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average). Talk to an admissions advisor today, or explore our Transfer Policy page for our seamless credit policies designed to maximize credits, potentially save money and expedite graduation.
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with self-directed assessments, credit for prior learning, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, and corporate and military discounts for those who qualify.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed July 7, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2019-2029). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers is a trademark of PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLP.
- Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle® Corporation.
- Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- Code.org® is a registered trademark of Code.org.